bitterness

MrsPeaSoup

Did you also felt a bit bitter after some time?

I mean in the sense that life is just... well, life.

It is no fairy tale. You and your ex are just two normal people. Nothing fancy about that, nothing special. No magic involved.

It sucks knowing that you are not the one to have this special fairy tale, isn't it?

Rearden Metal

I've been there. But man, I do NOT want a fairy tale life. I like adversity, at least the type that I can navigate without total failure.

Being a normal person falls within an enormous spectrum. What is normal? Do you mean, you and your ex are not extraordinary?

That's ok. Extraordinary comes with added dimensions. Responsibility. And there's always someone MORE extraordinary.

Our problems, our ordinary issues. Our mundane lives. They're filled with the whole spectrum of life that is anything but mundane or ordinary.

DustySaltus

Yes, no one has been more bitter at times than myself.

But we can't ever equate drama with excitement or judge our own happiness through someone else.

My past relationship was like a fairty tale. I was the hero who risked it all to "save" the person who needed to be saved. The only problem is that I had to do this on a daily basis and that was too much after a while.

I think it's the fear of the unknown that makes us feel like life has nothing in store for us sometimes. But if we develop a clear cut stratefy of what we want out of it, the sky is the limit.

Although my past relationship was a disaster it showed me that I was capable of GREAT things when I put my mind to it. It showed me that I was a fighter and I did have a good heart as well as a lot of dignity. So no, I'm not a normal person...i'm a superb person :), just like yourself.

Rearden Metal

That's a lot of Dr. Phil sh*t right thar Dusty. ;)

But really, what's so bad about being "normal"? I have a mid 130's IQ, does that make me less normal? I don't think so. I still procrastinate. I cut myself shaving. I lose my keys everyday. I may verbalize better than some, but I've never learned algebra properly. I do math like it's a game without complete information. I do math like I play poker. I'm trying to outsmart the question.

I like being normal. I don't need to feel better than anyone, or more equipped to superhumanly deal with stress. Or solve all my problems systematically.

We all gotta cut ourselves some slack. To grieve is human. Bitterness is normal. But at some point we have to step on it's face. That's all there is to it.

• Author

Hehe, I didn't mean normal in the sense of being better than everyone else, but being normal in the way that It's normal people break up, it's normal to move on etc.

I was just saying that it's kinda bitter to realise that you are also one of these many, many persons. Even though a few weeks ago I thought to be one of the happy ones to have found true love and a soulmate at so young an age.

Thank you for your reply, though!

Guess I was being naïve, heh.

DS, also thank you for your reply. I am beginning to think the same thing as you, that if you know what you want from life, you'll find a way to come to that goal.

Yep...I went through a bitter phase...but I'm slowly crawling my way out of the hole...