How to stop hoping for contact

I hate this about myself, i sometimes just sit there and wish she contacted me. I feel real down about this sometimes so i just wanted someone to tell me that this probably wont ever happen, just so that it sticks in my mind!!!

Dont beat yourself up about it. This is normal especially if you didnt want to break up. She wont call.

Dont beat yourself up about it. This is normal especially if you didnt want to break up. She wont call.

Thinking that "She wont call" may seem brutal to your heart, but it is the best way to start REALLY healing. Think that to yourself from the moment you awake and at night when you go to sleep. Little by little, you will believe it and expect it.

Dig from the root. Think that your ex is done with you and that way, you feel that you have no other option but to move on.

Same here. I don't know why, maybe it's because I was so used to hear her voice that I'd do anything to hear her again.

ive learned and experience somthing in the last few days.

that hope in and of itself, is a beautiful thing. ..to hope about a phone call or contact from the ex, is normal.

if you want it to go away, you need to feel it. ...feel it in your body, notice how it changes your perception of the things around you, your senses, everything. that nauseous feeling in your stomach, try to feel the pain and its source in your physical body.

if you push it down, it will only get worse. ..if you let yourself feel that pain in all of its splendor, then you can walk right through it, and the next time it hits, it wont hurt so bad. sooner or later, it wont hurt at all, and you wil lknow how to deal with this sort of thing oin the future.

when you feel that emotion just explore it, then it will pass through you.

...oh, and do NOT call your ex

i can imagine how bad you feel...and trust me you will be left wanting it for a loooong time. my ex has not contacted me, not even once and we broke up four months ago.

so the only thing that you can do is tell yourself its for the best she doesnt contact you. after all the reason why you want her to contact you is you're hoping she will change her mind and wants to get back. so by her NOT contacting you is her way of telling you she is serious its over...and you have to keep telling yourself that. she doesnt want you in her life anymore. you are no longer important enough, not even for a text from her..

hang on tight to your pride..and slowly you will stop checking your phone and emails hoping to hear from her.

DustySaltus

I know how it is.

You go from wanting them to call.....to needing them to call....to begging for them to call......to picking up the phone when it isn't even ringing....

but then....

You get to the point where you're not sure if you really want them to call because you're starting to do better.....then you go out with another girl and you really don't want them to call because you're feeling great....then the date goes horrible and you wish they would call.......then you beg for them to call....then you start to realize that you're doing ok and check your phone only 20 times a day instead of 200 :)...don't worry we've all been there.

Time is your friend, you have plenty of support here.

confused and broken

In my experience when he does call is the very worst!!!!!!!

I try not to pick up the phone than I listen to the message and force myself to erase it...

and then I have to decide weather to call him back

or when he texts it's so easy to text back

I even ended up over at his house this weekend

that's when you really end up murdering yourself

Honestly it's better if she doesn't ever call

Sometimes he goes a long time without calling.... that's when I start really living my life and just when I'm not even thinking about him

Wham the phone rings and its him just holding my phone in my hand and seeing his name on the call display tares my heart open and then I have to decide whether or not to answer it

And trust me I've answered it lots its not like they start saying things like ... I have been thinking and I want to do things differently... I was totally wrong ...etc

Oh no it's hi... how are you... what are you up to... (basically he wants to know if I am F&**(king anyone

Imagine she did call

What would that solve???

i remember those days,

trust me if you can CHANGE YOUR NUMBER, email and not worry about her contacting you

Edited by EmperorR