Being with friends makes me more depressed

WantToGetExBack

WantToGetExBack

Like everyone says to keep yourself busy with people, but what if you just don't enjoy their company? Like how can you have fun with friends when you're feeling depressed inside, you're with them but wondering about your ex. I feel like so out of place because I just wanna talk about her, but they're just cracking jokes and having fun. I feel lonely yet I hate being around with anyone. So mostly I feel like wanting to be online and reading various old threads here about other people, I don't know if reading them helps me or just make everything fresh again, but I can't like seem to give up on it.

Like everyone says to keep yourself busy with people, but what if you just don't enjoy their company? Like how can you have fun with friends when you're feeling depressed inside, you're with them but wondering about your ex. I feel like so out of place because I just wanna talk about her, but they're just cracking jokes and having fun. I feel lonely yet I hate being around with anyone. So mostly I feel like wanting to be online and reading various old threads here about other people, I don't know if reading them helps me or just make everything fresh again, but I can't like seem to give up on it.

Part of the process is "Fake it until you make it". Now I am not saying you shouldn't be true to yourself and respect your feelings but it is important to push yourself and not let your feeling control yourself.

When they are as intense as they are for you now, it takes effort not to give into them so there needs to be a balance. Spend some time and moan and grown with the rest of us at heartbreak hotel but keep your visits temporary. Spend some time with some real people to remind you there is a world out there. And if you have to fake having fun for while, then do it, and in time you find that it take less and less effort to do so.

Be kind to yourself, it will get better.

Disintegration

I remember right after an intense break up I had no interest in hanging out with friends I was so depressed. It was still very fresh however as time went on I enjoyed going out with friends and having fun. We actually had some of the best times and met new people. You just have to give it time, it will get easier and you wont be in that sad place much longer.