It's been awhile

fiser360

Hey everyone.

It's been a while since I have posted on here. It's been about 8 months since the break up. I've been doing a lot better. It does get better for those of you that are still struggling.

But the thing is...I can't stop thinking about her. I mean, I'm fine now. But she is always on my mind still. It's crazy.

Anyone else feeling the same thing? I'm not sure what's with it, but it's kind of annoying.

• Author

That's exactly how it is for me. Crazy, right? Not sure what to do about it though. I mean, I guess I can't really DO anything. Just gotta let time pass, and see what is going to happen. Who knows..

sounds like you guys are on the mend. ...good job!

perhaps it is your brain working out the last bit of trauma she/he dealt out, and once dealt with, they will definately be an afterthought.

keep it up.

im 2 weeks out of a breakup and im dead. ...i would KILL to be where you guys are

perspective...i feel dead, nothing reminds me of her, and i am out for a run, then i remember that we used to run together, and i broke down on the side of the trail crying like a little bitch. or i went to the movies and remembered goofing around with her and being all close, and then bam, no girl next to me and i cry through the rest of the movie.

u guys are doin just fine!

+1,000,000 to everything said in this thread...I'm at about 7 months or so...

Same here...it's been about 6 months, and I am doing better, but yeah, a day does not go by that I don't think of him. Sometimes it's good thoughts, and sometimes it's not. I keep wishing this will change...it's making me crazy. I feel like my mind is taken over...

quarterlifecrisis

I'm at 7 months. For the most part, I'm 1000% better than the first couple of months (severe insomnia, weight loss, borderline suicidal thoughts).

I totally relate though. Every once in awhile, I will relapse (usually after a heavy night of drinking) into the same depressed, whiny, little b@#$$ that I was before. It's a tough fight, and there are times when I fear regression.

But deep down...I think we all know we will one day be OK. It's just a matter of patience, and it's certainly lasted a lot longer than I would have predicted, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

One thing that helps me a lot is just realizing that there is plenty of time still. My biggest fear before was that I'd spend the rest of my life moping over her. But hell, I'm about to turn 27. Even if it's another year (and I know it won't be that long), I still have plenty of time left on the runway. And I'm sure the same is true for the rest of you, even if you are 35, 45, or 55.

Now we just have to spend the time to continue to better ourselves, until we are that much better than we were before.