facing reality

Today at work,as I was working,I heard my boss on the phone saying that this person at my work died.I dont know what happened to her,all I heard is she died.I hope I misheard my boss and that it isnt true.She worked the same shift I did.

But I would think people at work would be talking about it if it did happen and I didnt hear anyone talking about it.I just hope I misheard.But Im just afraid it did happen.I feel a shock after hearing it.

I just dont want to believe it.I feel kind of shocked right now.I would think people at work would tell me if it did happen.But then again they might be just acting strong cause their in the workplace.I feel very worried right now.Im not sure what I can do to make myself feel better.

Patty

I think if someone would have died, word would have been given to other employees. Perhaps what you heard was something like she "dyed" her hair...or she "tryed" but was fired anyway. Maybe she lied about why she missed work so they killed her.

Maybe she had too many quarter pounders and died of overdosing on them. Now that's something MacDonald's wouldn't want to be spreading all over town.

You just never know when you work at MacDonald's. I love their fries....maybe they said she was accidentally "fried" instead of accidentally "died." I'd hate to get fried myself.

Read the paper tomorrow and see if her name is in the obituaries. While you're at it, see if mine is in there and, if it is, let me know.

• Author
Read the paper tomorrow and see if her name is in the obituaries. While you're at it, see if mine is in there and, if it is, let me know.

I almost did that but Im to afraid I'll see it in there.Maybe he said something else that just sounded like the word.Im hoping thats all it is.

Yea your right maybe they said fried or fired.

Ill try not to get worked up over this.

Patty

• Author
Maybe I'm missing something, but why not ask your boss?

Cause Im afraid he will say yes she passed away and Im to afraid to hear the news.

Patty

Originally posted by Patty

Cause Im afraid he will say yes she passed away and Im to afraid to hear the news.

Ahhh, welp... Patty... you're a grown women, and ya know... death is part of life. We all die. I'll be dead, you'll be dead, Tony'll be dead. Everyone will be.

I'm sorry if you were close with this woman/man but you'll get over it, I'm sure they would have wanted you to. And no matter what you believe in, I think you'd have to agree that they're in a better place.

Personally, I'd ask your boss about it. Maybe you can get some leave time for your grieving. If thats too much for you, then I think what Tony said about checking obituaries is a good idea, but you'll have to face this at some point in time.

Good luck to you.

I forgot to mention that what tony said too, who knows maybe you misheard them. You'd think there would be an announcement if a coworked had died.