Why the anxiety?

Eisenhower

I know we're done. I know she's with a new guy now. I no longer respect her because I know she's capable of lying to me (she denied to me she was with anyone). I wouldn't take her back even if she wanted. So, why do I wake up in the morning and feel anxiety? Literally, like the nervous stomach, doom and gloom thoughts, depression.

Part of it, I know, is that they both work at the same place as me (though it would be rare I'd run into either). But that keeps her ever on my radar screen. I didn't find out for certain she was with him until about 2 weeks ago, so that part is still fresh in my mind I guess.

But God, the anxiety is physically draining. I'm seriously looking for another job so I can leave the state - I need to get away from this. It's so absurd that we can be obsessed with someone we know is wrong for us (and doesn't even want us anymore). It's like an addiction to drugs I guess.

But does anyone have any tips for killing the anxiety?

Eisenhower

I know we're done. I know she's with a new guy now. I no longer respect her because I know she's capable of lying to me (she denied to me she was with anyone). I wouldn't take her back even if she wanted. So, why do I wake up in the morning and feel anxiety? Literally, like the nervous stomach, doom and gloom thoughts, depression.

Part of it, I know, is that they both work at the same place as me (though it would be rare I'd run into either). But that keeps her ever on my radar screen. I didn't find out for certain she was with him until about 2 weeks ago, so that part is still fresh in my mind I guess.

But God, the anxiety is physically draining. I'm seriously looking for another job so I can leave the state - I need to get away from this. It's so absurd that we can be obsessed with someone we know is wrong for us (and doesn't even want us anymore). It's like an addiction to drugs I guess.

But does anyone have any tips for killing the anxiety?

Eisenhower

Running a long hard run and then run some more. Hang in there E

• Author

That's a great idea! Unfortunately, I've got a bum knee so running is out.

Sleep is my only friend, but unfortunately, when I wake up in the middle of the night, she's always there on my mind. When I'm lucky, I slip back to sleep fairly quickly.

Eisenhower

Swimming a long hard swim, and then swim some more...

Lifting a long hard lifting and then lift some more...

Rowling a long hard row, and then row some more...

Point is that anxiety is adrenalin, burning it off helps, activity burns it offs.

Edited by GrayClouds

I know the feeling :(

Sleep is my only friend, but unfortunately, when I wake up in the middle of the night, she's always there on my mind. When I'm lucky, I slip back to sleep fairly quickly.

Eisenhower