Is it me or is he sending mixed messages :(

Your Favourite Smile

Your Favourite Smile

Right, Im finally back on this site and hoping that someone can help me understand whats going on a bit clearer :confused:

So, Ive not been coping well at all for around 6 months because of a sudden, weird breakup, and so i decided that it would clear awkwardness up by telling him my feelings. It was mainly to get an answer, I saw it as a positive step because it would be clear in my mind to get some direction once and for all.

His response was mature and understanding, but he said that considering he is in a new relationship.. he cant say anything :confused:

So in other words, the message was really respectful but he didnt tell me whether he still held feelings or not.

Ok so moving on.. from what ive heard and seen, his relationship with this new person hasnt been particularly positive over the course of around 4 months. Despite this, recently he has got a tattoo with her name within it.

Now this has got to me in a big way.. and i dont quite understand how he could get such a permanent thing without much consideration.

But anyway, i was in the middle of a breakdown when he decided to talk to me on the internet. Me being me, I completely disguised this and talked to him. He brought up topics like getting a job, moving into a flat, and general future related things.

Is it me or is he sending mixed messages to me?

It appears that he has moved on, and yet he decides to have a chat about the future of all things..

I feel so empty at the moment, im not sleeping, eating much or enjoying things.

I love how he seems mature and excited about the future, I love how when he talks to me he is agreeable and friendly.

But I just dont know whether i can have him as a friend :(

It hurts quite a bit right now..

Don't read into all this too much. That's really important.

I talk to my friends all the time about the future... because people share that stuff... these friends are just that... Friends.

Unless he's blatantly honest that he has feelings, don't assume he does.. that's just asking for heartbreak.

Keep doing what you're doing, keep your distance if you must.. but remember to just get on with your day. Live and let it come to you if it is going to.

deux ex machina
Right, Im finally back on this site and hoping that someone can help me understand whats going on a bit clearer :confused:

So, Ive not been coping well at all for around 6 months because of a sudden, weird breakup, and so i decided that it would clear awkwardness up by telling him my feelings. It was mainly to get an answer, I saw it as a positive step because it would be clear in my mind to get some direction once and for all.

His response was mature and understanding, but he said that considering he is in a new relationship.. he cant say anything :confused:

So in other words, the message was really respectful but he didnt tell me whether he still held feelings or not.

...But I just dont know whether i can have him as a friend :(

It hurts quite a bit right now..

This is hurting you too much. Friends? Perhaps down the road, but for now, I think it's best to stay away.

I'm sorry you're hurting.

• Author
Your Favourite Smile

Thankyou, I realise that I will have to just look after myself and keep a distance at least for the time being.

Maybe in doing so i will get a clearer perspective.. and if he does have hidden intentions they probably will come out over time.

I cant explain in words how bizarre i felt the conversation was, or more so the choice of conversation topic. Maybe he was seeking a little support, but that suggests to me that he wasnt getting any from elsewhere.

Ok, as difficult as it is im not going to read into things too deeply now, im going to let things happen as they happen.

Thanks again