She said I am not ready

michaelandrew00

michaelandrew00

My ex and I work in the same place. together for 2 motns. She has a boyfriend. We broke up about 7 months ago. She has two kids. I am 33 she is 23. She said that I am not ready to settle down when we talked yesterday. Granted, I am trying to better myself in life. I have a BA. She nothing except for two kids. She is a part time bakery person.

She said I am not ready. I like her still. The funny thing about it is that she has no college degree, she is unable to communicate with me. I feel sorry for her. She acts immatature. But behind her immaturity I sense in her intelligence.

I just don't know what I need to do to show her and other people that I am ready for a family or settle down.

I want to get back with her or get her out of my mind completely. We both agree that we went to fast for each other. We are sorry for what we did to each other.

I hate felling like this. I really do need to just get her out of my mind. and if she wants me she will let me know. I just don't want to wait for her. But then I do...

Please help me cope : (

If you want this lady or any woman, you need to get a little respect for them and for yourself, get some humility and cut the arrogance.

In your above post, you:

*** Said you have a BA college degree and all she has is two kids.

*** Said she is a part time bakery person, as if that's relevant to anything. Sounds like you were putting her down.

*** Said she has no college degree and she is unable to communicate with you.

*** Said she acts immature. (It was very charitable of you to say you sense intelligence back there somewhere.

*** Said she currently has a boyfriend.

You said you are trying to better yourself in life. If that's truly the case, first have some respect for other people's relationships and stop going for a lady who is in one...your ex.

Had it ever occurred to you that this lady thinks you aren't ready for a relationship because you aren't able to respect her??? Start working on accepting people as they are and not putting them down because they don't have your education, your caliber of job, etc.

Any woman alive would be terrified of being with you if you are going to cut them down instead of build them up. If you make a lady feel good about herself, you can have just about any woman you want. But no woman alive on this planet, unless she is deaf, wants to be around a guy who she senses thinks she is inferior and unworthy.

Yes, you did say you "sense in her intelligence." That intelligence is exactly what is telling her to stay away from you until you humble yourself a bit, respect her for who she is, and make her feel a whole lot more special that your attitude indicates.

Sorry to be hard on you but I care about you and I want you to be happy...and the only way that's going to happen is if somebody lays it on the line. Your best friend may not be as blunt as I am here but this is what you need to hear!!!

jessicakicksbut

I agree with Tony, your post seemed very arrogant! I have a B.S. degree, and a bunch of certifications, and there are SOOO many people that can communicate better than me that did not even graduate high school. Education does promote better communication skills, but it has to do with more with social skills, ability to learn, and the more one reads growing up, the better they are at communcating as an adult. Also, a job is a job, and even people with college degrees may end up working at a bakery because they can not find a job in their field. You should not judge anyone on their profession...well, unless they are a prostitute or something. With arrogance such as yours, you better watch. In this economy, you can lose your college job, then you will be begging your ex to get you a job at the bakery she works at.

• Author
michaelandrew00

Well I only said the tip of the iceberg in our relaionship. It is too bad that people are offended by what I said.

There is no arrogance when I ask for advice. It is too bad. Well if I then had arrogance with her. It help me from really getting hurt by her and attached to her.

What help is there? I should have gone to another web site.

I think they gave you some help. Sometimes we just don't like what we hear. (Hey, everyone can relate to that, including me.) The truth hurts sometimes, but it is what we do not want to hear that will teach us the most.

BTW, they didn't mention all your misspellings, they were not dissin u. :)