how can i abandon all hope?

Pentel

what can i do to shut up my heart?

to tell it to abandon all hope?

to tell it to stop feeling so helpless?

to tell it she won't ever come back with me, how?

DenverBachelor
what can i do to shut up my heart?

to tell it to abandon all hope?

to tell it to stop feeling so helpless?

to tell it she won't ever come back with me, how?

You need to understand one thing and repeat it to yourself 100 times. I mean this. Read this 100 times.

"I can control my life but I cannot control how she feels."

Stop trying to exert control over things outside your domain. You need to focus on you and your life. Take a few months off and learn to be happy by being alone. Trust me on this -- if you can achieve happiness by being alone, you will have nothing but more success in relationships. You cannot be the type of person that can only survive within a relationship. Take up a hobby. Learn an instrument. Go snowboarding. Travel. Go treat yourself to a nice meal. Focus on your job and doing the best that you can. Go to an art museum. Start flirting with girls that you pass on the street. Focus on you and you alone.

You have to LET GO OF IT. Stop blaming yourself. You're a great person. We can't control the choices our ex's have made but we can control how we react to challenges and become stronger from them.

In the end, you have yourself. You came into this world by yourself and you will leave it by yourself. Everything in between is just a winding road of good times, heartaches, learning experiences, mistakes, triumphs, challenges, exploration and adventure.

The only person in your life that defines your life is you. She was just another experience for growth. Life is nothing but paths that twist and turn and sometimes they intersect and join for a bit and we walk together. But all paths eventually go their own way and you must stay with yours.