harder to cope over weekend?

106rob

does anone else find it harder to cop over weekend than anyother time in the week?

i work every other weekend nights and days (this weekend days) so on sat night im useualy sat in on my own cant even go out with friends as im up at 5.30am :(

just makes me think about her and wounder what she is upto and who with etc :(

so tonight im doing somthing boreing but keep me busy,sorting through all my paperwork etc lol!

I'm lucky enough to have to work over night on Friday and Saturday. I'm sure it'd be pretty tough if I didn't have that though.

does anone else find it harder to cop over weekend than anyother time in the week?

i work every other weekend nights and days (this weekend days) so on sat night im useualy sat in on my own cant even go out with friends as im up at 5.30am :(

just makes me think about her and wounder what she is upto and who with etc :(

so tonight im doing somthing boreing but keep me busy,sorting through all my paperwork etc lol!

yep to much time to think but here is a suggestion instead of doing something boring to keep you busy try something exciting to keep you busy( or at least fun) How about a night run through a questionable neighborhood? If not that teach yourself to cook a really good meal that will help you close the deal the next time you have a chick over?

Yes I dread the weekend. Absolutely dread it. I stay busy all week but jeez. And now that drinking is out the window I am just as miserable since everyone is at the bar. I'm gonna make it aredbox night and sit at home alone in the dark cause that's how I feel.

a redbox night

I have never heard of that expression...is that like the old Police song "Roxanne you don't have to put out the red light tonight"

I hope not, I suspect your not THAT lonely yet. Seriously, staying away form the alcohol is a very helpful. Remember you may be by yourself tonight but your not alone, all of your friends (and me too) from the love shack lonely hearts club is right there with you.

Suggestion try reading a self help book, I find that they have not really help me but the act of doing so makes me feel like I am doing something positive and that alone in helpful...if that made any sense. And it burns up some good old self pitty time.

I have never heard of that expression...is that like the old Police song "Roxanne you don't have to put out the red light tonight"

I hope not, I suspect your not THAT lonely yet. Seriously, staying away form the alcohol is a very helpful. Remember you may be by yourself tonight but your not alone, all of your friends (and me too) from the love shack lonely hearts club is right there with you.

Suggestion try reading a self help book, I find that they have not really help me but the act of doing so makes me feel like I am doing something positive and that alone in helpful...if that made any sense. And it burns up some good old self pitty time.

:laugh:

A redbox is a big red box that dispenses movies for a dollar a day.

:laugh:

A redbox is a big red box that dispenses movies for a dollar a day.

:love: ooops, then I highly suggest skip "The Breakup" and suggest Amelie, then again maybe too romantic. How about Flight Club? That final scene where the world outside is blowning up and falling down, Helena Bonham Carter reaches to Ed Norton, who's half way lost his mind, and grabs his hand and says "Everything is going to be ok" a perfect analogy for us all.

Everything is going to be ok.

Yes, hate the weekends, especially sundays, struggle with most evenings too, don't have many friends and the ones I have are too busy, too tired, too depressed to meet.

:love: ooops, then I highly suggest skip "The Breakup" and suggest Amelie, then again maybe too romantic. How about Flight Club? That final scene where the world outside is blowning up and falling down, Helena Bonham Carter reaches to Ed Norton, who's half way lost his mind, and grabs his hand and says "Everything is going to be ok" a perfect analogy for us all.

Everything is going to be ok.

Actually, as odd as it sounds, The Breakup actually made me feel a little bit better about things. Seeing how two people once loved eachother so much, then things began to fall apart.

What's best about that movie, though, is that it doesn't have a happy ending. It has a realistic ending. Even though they loved eachother, they knew it just wasn't working. So they broke up, and they lived their lives and they were happy. Without eachother.

Gives us all some hope.

Actually, as odd as it sounds, The Breakup actually made me feel a little bit better about things. Seeing how two people once loved eachother so much, then things began to fall apart.

What's best about that movie, though, is that it doesn't have a happy ending. It has a realistic ending. Even though they loved eachother, they knew it just wasn't working. So they broke up, and they lived their lives and they were happy. Without eachother.

Gives us all some hope.

Not to thread jack but I just ended up hating both of them for being so nasty, and towards the end I felt they both got what they deserved. I started rooting for the break up.

Yes, hate the weekends, especially sundays, struggle with most evenings too, don't have many friends and the ones I have are too busy, too tired, too depressed to meet.

Heaven,

It's the same with me. I'm usually alone most nights and weekends because of this. It sucks...

I hope not, I suspect your not THAT lonely yet.

Oops, I'm threadjacking now but I feel I have to point out: GC, the lyric is 'you don't have to put ON the red light' (the one that advertises her availability for cash).

Silly old Sting was trying to be kind and take care of her. Not encourage her to whore eternally.

Sorry, everyone! ;) x

• Author

grr i cant sleep lay here in this massive bed wishing she was still in the otherside wrapped up in my arms.....where as she could be/will be out with anyone doing anything right now driving me insane :(

I know what you mean, I am delaying going to bed, well every night in fact, kind of seems lonely and pointless :(

grr i cant sleep lay here in this massive bed wishing she was still in the otherside wrapped up in my arms.....where as she could be/will be out with anyone doing anything right now driving me insane :(

I'm not really thinking about what she is doing or who she is with.

Ok in the back of my mind I wonder, but there's no point because there is nothing you can do to control it.

All you can do is make it worse or not make it worse.

Weekends are a killer.

I felt like I was starting to get strength and confidence back this week but today was a nightmare. I cried today, uncontrollably.

Was quite scary because I'm not an emotional sort of person. Have gone trhough these things before but it has never been this bad. I hit rock bottom today.

Felt a bit better afterwards, thanks to a couple of friends. I feel lucky though.

AliveAndKicking

I dreaded the weekends at first too. Ugh...

They get better a little at a time.

Hang in there- in time your weekends will once again be a good way to end the week!

Massive bed sounds awesome right about now. My ex and I bought a bed together, and I didn't bother taking the bed with me.

Be grateful that you have a big bed to sleep in, whether it's alone or not.

I know what you mean, I am delaying going to bed, well every night in fact, kind of seems lonely and pointless :(

Pointless? Going to bed seems pointless?

All this negativity is no good for anyone.

I'm not really thinking about what she is doing or who she is with.

Ok in the back of my mind I wonder, but there's no point because there is nothing you can do to control it.

All you can do is make it worse or not make it worse.

Weekends are a killer.

I felt like I was starting to get strength and confidence back this week but today was a nightmare. I cried today, uncontrollably.

Was quite scary because I'm not an emotional sort of person. Have gone trhough these things before but it has never been this bad. I hit rock bottom today.

Felt a bit better afterwards, thanks to a couple of friends. I feel lucky though.

It's a rollercoaster, that's for sure! You'll feel great for weeks at a time, then... out of no where... you'll get really upset. Totally normal.

When you said, I felt like I was starting to get strength and confidence back this week, it wasn't just a feeling. You were getting strength and confidence back!! Just because you felt the way that you were today does not mean that you have back-tracked.

It's completely normal to go through that. I can almost guarantee that in a couple of days (if not already) you'll feel exactly the way you described.

weekends are always the hardest. you are used to spending the time with you ex. stuff like sleeping in and watching tv in bed. you have more spare time to think about the ex. during the week i am workign then go to the gym each night. so i can keep myself busy

Bumped into my ex last night for the first time since we split 5 months ago. we talked for about 20 minutes, just catching up on what we were both and friends/family are upto. I was ok. I realised how lonely she is becoming and she is 36 and i feel she may never end up having kids. (spinster with her two cats)Felt sad cos i wish i could look after her. So today she is on my mind. but it will pass.