And now for counseling...

georgia girl

Okay, "we" start counseling this week. I say "we" because it's about our relationship, but actually, he will be going first. He actually has his first two appointments without me (they are a week apart). The counselor may have me come for one session by myself as well.

Anyone do this before? I'm a little freaked out. We had a great weekend and we seem to be effectively communicating our issues without making our problems the main focus of our relationship. I seriously don't want everything to be so serious all the time. I enjoy just being and having fun together.

I know that in dating a CP, we probably do need counseling. I just don't want it to take all of the fun out of our relationship. We made a pact yesterday that when we meet individually with the counselor, the person who met with the counselor can decide how much he/she wants to share what they said. We also said that we would plan something "fun" to do the day after counseling sessions so we are not trapped into always focusing on our issues.

I am really starting to trust him and love him again. I just want this to be okay.

haven't been to marriage counseling, but did go on a marriage enrichment weekend that was intense, similar to what you've shared. And I've found that once we set the foundation, everything else fell into place, allowing us to focus on the serious stuff when need be – as well as the fun stuff – without having to revisit "issues" every time.

I think maybe, just maybe, you'll find the same happening with y'all once you get what you need from counselling!