blocking/not blocking ex on facebook

EmptyPromises

EmptyPromises

what have you guys done? has anyone stayed friends with their exes on like facebook or myspace?

ive unfriended him several times when we would break up but i see no point because we would just wind up friending eachother back.

i think i can discipline myself to not look at his profile. if he wants to unfriend me he can do it himself. if i unfriend him wouldnt that make me look weak? like i cant handle it? like i care?

Road To Joy
what have you guys done? has anyone stayed friends with their exes on like facebook or myspace?

ive unfriended him several times when we would break up but i see no point because we would just wind up friending eachother back.

i think i can discipline myself to not look at his profile. if he wants to unfriend me he can do it himself. if i unfriend him wouldnt that make me look weak? like i cant handle it? like i care?

Delete your Facebook. That's the absolutely BEST thing you can do.

I deleted my MySpace as soon as I realized it wasn't doing me any good. Which was like a month after the breakup, also when I decided to go NC. Even if I kept it and deleted her, I would try to see anything that had to do with her through other people's MySpaces, even without me noticing that that's what I was doing. And deleting it all together kills most of the temptation to even look at her default picture.

What I did, which I suggest EVERYBODY to do the same was delete my social networking site/account, and block my ex's URL to her social networking site (in my case, MySpace). Also any blogs, etc. Pretty much ANY website that has to do with them.

It helps tremendously.

I cancelled my Myspace, and unfriended him, then blocked him from Facebook.

I imagine he would never have deleted me as a friend, but eventually I would date someone else, or he would and why not just cut ties now?

I don't think it makes you look mean. If anything, it says "I don't want to know about you, and you shouldn't know about me". And that is just fine.

My ex deleted me and my band off of her Myspace. But, she's not so good with technology, and they were both on her Top 8 and I don't know if instead of just taking me off the top 8, she deleted them entirely on accident. Because there's nothing replacing them on her Top 8 or anything. But who knows, maybe she did it intentionally.

But, that doesn't explain why she hasn't deleted me from Facebook then.

Now, I SHOULD.

She doesn't update it often at all, but when she does it usually makes me upset. And just seeing her when I look at my friends list or something, hurts.

I guess in a way, it's just something I'm hanging on to, and that's awful. Plus, maybe I hope she'll read my updates and want to talk to me. Also, sad, right?

Ah technology has made all this so much more complicated and annoying!

• Author
EmptyPromises

haha i know how you feel.. i also feel like when im updating my status im thinking "ooo hes gonna see this " pretty lame but idk

Take them off your facebook. It helps a lot. If your ex is mature they will understand your reasons. If they are offended then so what, they did dump you afterall. Don't tell them you are doing it, just do it.

aboynamedmike

I dont have a myspace, but I did block her from facebook. The last thing I want to see is a pic of her or see an update by her. I enjoy facebook so I'm going to delete my profile just cause of her. I blocked her from Twitter/facebook and deleted all her emails/pics of my computer. I'm done with that girl.

• Author
EmptyPromises

my thing is he told me to unfriend him. in a text message and then on facebook...im not going to do something he tells me to do. if he continues to harass me i will but i really think if he cant handle being friends on facebook then he should delete me.

im going away for a week next week and will get away from all this bull**** and facebook . if i come back and am dying to check his profile then i know i need to delete him for my own good.

I was going to delete my ex from FB, but didn't, and then 3 weeks later he sent me an e-mail telling me that now that he is engaged he feels it is inappropriate to keep me on his friends list. He also told me he deleted me from his Yahoo list. Luckily, I had already deleted him from my Yahoo list, but I wish I had listened to my good sense and deleted him from FB before he had the ability to hurt me again!

I dont have a myspace, but I did block her from facebook. The last thing I want to see is a pic of her or see an update by her. I enjoy facebook so I'm going to delete my profile just cause of her. I blocked her from Twitter/facebook and deleted all her emails/pics of my computer. I'm done with that girl.

Same here.

So my ex is now with my married "friend". They hooked up the day after my breakup, but no one had the balls to tell me...I just figured it out. The little wench has even left her husband. My ex has a myspace, but he logged on so infrequently that we weren't even friends with eachother. He checks email MAYBE once a month max...he doesn't even text.

I was friends with her on both FB and Myspace. I deleted her from both...FB allows you to block a person and even if you search them, you can't find them. I wish Myspace would do the same. I have blocked her, but can still see her status and photo. Everytime she updates it boils me. So today is day #3 of no looking and guess what???????

I'm loving it.

I've maintained NC with them the whole time, honestly I don't have words for either of them. I love him, despite everything, I truly love him. But I'm not dumb enough to act crazy and try to "win" back someone who is making such effed up choices...no matter what the circumstance. I'm simply letting him go. Her, I would love to have a few words with.

Now that I don't look at her online stuff, it really makes me feel like the ball is back in my court...she now has NO power in my life....it's pretty satisfying.

utterer of lies

I have most of my exes on fb, but only those that I'm think are over me and those I'm completely over. If you're not, it's just stupid to have them, constant reminders of the past help no one.

Here's a technique I used as I had a few mutual friends with my ex and seeing photos of them out together was a bit upsetting. After removing ex from friends list you still have the problem of the mutual friends and even looking at their profiles to see if the ex has posted anything on them, so what I did was rather than remove all the mutual friends (which there is no need) I hid all the updates from them. So when you log into facebook the first page that you see will not have all updates from, but at the bottom of that page it shows how many updates have been hidden, so with the problem only partially solved I also hidden updates from all the people in my friends list that I know I won't really ever speak to again or people that I really have no interest in (like old school friends, people you've randomly met once etc). So now the hidden items list is huge and whenever I got the urge and 'shown' the hidden items it just turned out to be a big disappointment as it was flooded with all the info I would never care about... problem solved for me, hoped it made sense to you all.

I think if you're hurting you should for SURE block them from FB. I'd get rid of MySpace since it's harder to control your privacy and not nearly as clean an application as Facebook.

I haven't blocked my exs but my profile is extremely private. You can't see much (if anything) so they can't really check up on me there. Which if course is where I post all the good stuff for my friends, lol!

Whatever keeps you out of doing something dumb...

I haven't unfriended mine on their because him being there doesn't bother me. He isn't one to use it frequently and I do not check his profile so it doesn't bother me.

On Twitter though...he uses that a lot more and I can't help but see his updates so I unfollowed him from there. Didn't block him or anything....just don't look at his profile and don't want to automatically be updated about what he is saying, thinking, feeling, doing etc.

But if on FB I was constantly seeing updates etc..I would unfriend him.

I want to discipline myself not to, but then again I'm only going to make myself suffer.

Do you guys have any of your ex's passwords?

I have his email, facebook, even bank account info.

I know he won't change any of them unless I change mine, ugh it kills me because I have access to everything.