Thought I was making progress now I feel like it's just setting in

Broke up with my ex about 6 months ago, I thought I had gone through the worst of it - but now all of sudden it seems to be really hitting me.

I guess I never dealt with it completely since there was so much going on at the time, now I feel like I am stuck.

Anyone else experienced this boomerang effect?

EmptyPromises

my ex and i split about 3 months ago and im only now starting to deal with it...i think its bc i just started no contact only a week ago and should have started it the day we broke up

how long did u guys date?

and has it been 6 months no contact?

• Author

we were together for 7 years, lived together for 6 of the seven. We broke up last august but lived together until jan when we finally sold our home. We don't really talk, just here and there separating bills, and that stuff. So officially 6 -7months with very little contact.

How long were you and your ex together? Were you communication often?

Yes kiki, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I feel that I'm over it, then the bad feelings keep coming back without warning. We were together over 30 years, he dumped me by email and snuck out of the house 10 months ago while I was at work and in that short time we have already divorced and he has remarried.

So yes, the boomerang has returned quite a few times I'm afraid, but I'm optimistic that one of these days it will not come back.

• Author

OMG! I can't even imagine - I'm sorry that you were treated like that.

I hope that you have someone to lean on - that is absolutely unbelievable. Some might not have made it through the first week, keep fighting...

I have the support of children, family, friends, coworkers, Love Shack members, and a counselor so I am doing ok, pretty good actually I guess.

You had a long relationship too, it's just sad how things end when you don't really expect them to. It just seems like such a waste of time, energy and love, when things can't be resolved and the relationship can't be saved. My husband didn't even want to try - he was cheating on me before he left. I think that's what hurts the most of all that he didn't even want to try to save what we had. I was not happy in the relationship either, but I did not think of seeing someone else while we were still together and I certainly would not sneak out that way and move away from my family (we still had a 16 year old daughter at home) to start a new life - never in a million years.

Good luck to you and I know that things will get better for both of us.