NC apparently not possible-

citizen67

I thought I was really really over it. I felt good. Barely thought about him anymore. And then I saw him with her tonight. And it hurt. I was careful not to react, but saw (totally undeserved- he is the one who has behaved horribly and betrayed me badly) contempt on his face, directed at me.

He lives near me (I lived here 1st) and is dating someone who lives in my bldg (how special) basically making total NC an impossibility.

I love this town and my place, and a move would be out of the question in this economy anyway.

What to do? A new boyfriend seems the obvious answer, but unfortunately this is easier said than done (I'm trying)

Any advice?

hopesndreams

How horrible for you! I can't imagine...

The best thing to do is hold your head up high and totally blank them.

Yes don't react to them and just blank them when you them even though its so hard to pretend its not hurting. People only see what we allow them to. Again its a cliche but its so true. The last thing u want is him thinking your still in love with him.

If he had contempt on his face well then he's a disgrace after all the pain he caused you. At the very least he should have been polite and said hello even though it prob would have been just as painful seeing them.

It must be soo hard but i really hope you meet somebody nice to walk around the neighbourhood with. You will and but you just have to give it time.

I love this town and my place, and a move would be out of the question in this economy anyway.

What to do? A new boyfriend seems the obvious answer, but unfortunately this is easier said than done (I'm trying)

Any advice?

No advice I am afraid but I am totally the same boat and I emphasize. Actually I am not in totally the same boat. Having your ex's new SO living in the same building, thats rough. I'm sorry.

My ex moved from 10 miles away (just outside London) to move in with me in the area of London that I moved too 10 years ago.

We split up, she moved in with a friend and I moved in with 3 friends and our apartments are on the same road, 2 minutes walk from each other! She has no SO though, and nor do I...yet.

I saw her earlier but she didnt see me.

T

I thought I was really really over it. I felt good. Barely thought about him anymore. And then I saw him with her tonight. And it hurt. I was careful not to react, but saw (totally undeserved- he is the one who has behaved horribly and betrayed me badly) contempt on his face, directed at me.

He lives near me (I lived here 1st) and is dating someone who lives in my bldg (how special) basically making total NC an impossibility.

Any advice?

NC is still possible.

Seeing someone and contacting them is two different things.

You can still avoid speaking to him and contacting him. If you know where she lives, avoid walking in that area..

• Author

She lives in my building, and its a small bldg, so short of moving out I cannot avoid seeing her unless I sneak around my own bldg. But you are right seeing isnt the same as contacting, getting over it would be alot easier though if I didnt have to see them and worry about/anticipate seeing them

That's tough, but you can still have the upper hand and walk with grace and dignity.

I do believe THAT may affect the both of them!

That would really suck. No real advice, except in daytime to always wear sunglasses on the way in or out of your building, and at least that way, he can't tell what you are looking at.

Man, I would hate to have to see that. BUT, as Beeotch said, you are still in NC. Stay graceful under pressure!