$$$$ Owed by ex

NopeNah

During our 5 year relationship my ex racked up quiet the "bar tab" with me. I know I'll probaly never see a dime of it. I have zero proof that it was borrowed except for some recent texts and emails. I know she doesn't have it all at this time and am in NC. But, it really hits below the belt thinking what I could be doing with this to help me "cope" in a more fun, extravagant way! haha..just a rant! Guess i'll put this in the "stupid lessons learned" collum. ;)

Who's tab is it? If it is in your name then you are pretty much screwed unless she said, "I know that I owe you X dollars"

This legal advice is based on watching countless hours of People's Court and Judge Judy so take it with a grain of salt.

• Author

haha..not an actual bar tab. Just money I lent out throught the years. Like I said, I know it's gone. Be nice to buy that Harley I always wanted though. :mad:

You walk away from the money dude.. unless you have an agreement in writing then the right thing to do is just let it go..

You haven't requested the money back in all this time anyhow.. so why would you want it back now ?

If you demand it back then it removes the reason it was given in the first place.. as a gift... which is how you give money, to never expect it back again.

IMO it would be childish to hold this over her head now...

• Author
You walk away from the money dude.. unless you have an agreement in writing then the right thing to do is just let it go..

You haven't requested the money back in all this time anyhow.. so why would you want it back now ?

If you demand it back then it removes the reason it was given in the first place.. as a gift... which is how you give money, to never expect it back again.

IMO it would be childish to hold this over her head now...

It was all cash for her bills..I agree about the walking away thing. It was no gift though. It's cool! If she took me for that much in the last three years, guess without her around, it'll be back in no time. Ohh..and i'm by no means holding it over her head. I'm in NC. The text and e-mails she's sending mention the money in them, to which I haven't and won't reply. I think she's trying to use this as a chance to get me to talk. Not gonna happen! :cool:
It was all cash for her bills..I agree about the walking away thing. It was no gift though. It's cool! If she took me for that much in the last three years, guess without her around, it'll be back in no time. Ohh..and i'm by no means holding it over her head. I'm in NC. The text and e-mails she's sending mention the money in them, to which I haven't and won't reply. I think she's trying to use this as a chance to get me to talk. Not gonna happen! :cool:

good for you!

Praying i am also in the same boat. Except i do have a trail of the money lent for my accountants purposes. last count he owes me well over $12k before he dumped me "needing time alone to grow up". However even tho he has told me previously he intends to pay me back i also know i am not going to see a dime and to be honest i dont want to. We were together at the time and i wanted to help him. He was my best friend and being the person i am i would have tried to help any of my friends. I do not want to get involved in petty arguments over money. I just try to look at it as in some small way maybe i helped him with his life, i made it a little bit easier and maybe one day if i am in a position of need someone will come and help me. :)

• Author
, i made it a little bit easier and maybe one day if i am in a position of need someone will come and help me. :)
That's a great way to look at it! That's how me and my friends are, there's always some cash floating around between us all, it's what friends do. But, the funny thing about your post is the amount! That's where I'm at, 12k..haha! Guess that's the magic number then they run! :cool: