Distraction..............

not_a_happy_camper

not_a_happy_camper

I saw on another post here the other day, that sometimes it's better not to try distract oneself post break-up......................in that distracting oneself doesn't allow you to grieve properly, and that you should allow yourself to grieve. I know dwelling on things unnecessarily is not healthy, but I'm inclined to agree to an extent that distraction isn't always the best way. After a break-up, it's only natural to break things down from every angle, and think about it over and over. For a while. But that's good too. I know I had too much time in ways because I had no job to keep me going. But I feel good now, for grieving properly. I've gotten so much out of my system. Still good way to go, but really feeling positive these days. What does everyone else think?

Breaking up is like a mourning process. You grieve for something precious that is lost to you.

The most difficult part is the fact that there's no corpse....

I'll just say that there is a big difference between mourning and grieving, and persistently clinging to something that is no longer feasible or attainable.

I still think of my ex but I am the type of person who constantly

thinks about their past. The deep sadness I had has gone as I embraced the loss rather than ignoring it. It also helped knowing he met new

person straight away as I couldn't sit here thinking he would

get back in touch one day