mind games, to play or not to play

surviving you

surviving you

so do you guys think coping is easier when the ex makes an idiot of themselves?

my ex dumped me , since then she has done nothing but make a fool of herself , she is not the person I cared so much about

and honestly this has made coping and getting over her so much easier

all her intentions are so rotten

and I just keep my head high and either ignore it or act as nice as I can without losing my ground, she texted me last night calling me names and such

I politley texted back

" dont ever text this number again : hatred ,anger, bitterness and spite are not something im interested in , I sincerely wish you a good a happy life and bear no ill will towards you , please leave me alone"

some quotes to this

Always forgive your enemies: nothing annoys them so much - Oscar Wilde

Hatred and Anger are powerless when met with kindness - ???

I guess what Im trying to get at is that not reacting to your exs attempts to get a reaction from you just feels so good , or reacting with kindness or whatever

dont play their games

any thoughts on this ? I know this is probably pretty randomly worded r whatever but im pretty out of it due to a long night of fun

peace

I think you are absolutely on the button.

Read my sig.

it's an ancient, almost timeless teaching of a Buddhist text called "The Dhammapada".

I'm not preaching or trying to proselytise, but merely illustrating that people like Oscar Wilde - whilst being humorous - actually had a point, but it wasn't original.

keep your chin up and your dignity intact.

And go total NC.

Don't even ever give her the satisfaction of noticing her.

• Author
surviving you

looking at your sig

I dont feel that by not responding I am doing it out of love , I am doing it to annoy her

and honestly I just made myself a little sick saying that

that is the wrong reason to do it , I should be doing it out of love for myself

does that make any sense ? I feel like im just babbling

The reason you should be doing it, is for you and your well-being, not for any vindictive reason.

That you 'feel a little sick' doing that is testimony that it's not actually in your nature to be like that.

So consider it a means of moving on, and trying to safeguard her common sense, as well as your dignity.

You can't second-guess others, you can't fix them, you can't mke decisions for them.

All you can do is address your own behaviour and attitude and be the best person you can be, through honesty.

But it's really hard being yourself. It's never been attempted by anyone before.....

• Author
surviving you

its rough knowing she does everything she does to hurt me

but you are right

I picked up a book called How to Expand Love

and what your saying is in harmony with what I have read from there

the challenge is in the change of mind and thinking , im working on it

I generally am not cynical or vindictive , but when I catch myself in it I really feel sick about it

The best revenge is a life well lived....

Forget about her. Don't play her games. Move on with your life. When you are happy and have started dating someone else, that will be your revenge. Trust me. And it will be all you need...