Anyone ever feel numb?

IfIwereabird

Ok I am at work and I am feeling numb from pain. My husband left almost 4 years ago for another woman. At times he gives me hope that we will reunite and at others he pulls away. He lives outside of the home and obviously has his own life. We have children together and I just cannot move on. He is sometimesvery mean to me and other times nice. I often feel down and am unable to cope with moving on. I have men who are interested in me but I dont feel that I can ever be comforatbel with another person or allow another person into my children's lives. I have been numb for many years..I did therapy and even took meds, but I am still numb. How do I stop this feeling besides dying? When I am not numb with pain I am numb with rage. I love my husband when he gives me hope but when I reflect on him having another life with someone else...I absolutely hate him. How does one get over these situations in life. I want to be a normal person again. I want to laugh and mean it. I want to be happier for my children. What will it take? How do I stop feeling numb? Please help me...someone please help me...please!

WTF????

Go to FULL NC !:mad:

He left you for another woman and you are still contacting him ?:eek:

Why are you giving him any of your time or attention? :eek:

How much else time will you let him play with your feelings?

4 years passed already ! You want other 4+4 years to suffer from all this???

• Author

The problem with NC is it is hard because of the children. I agree that I do not wnat it to go for 4 more years. I am suffering so much. How do I get around NC with childrne involved.

You can just make YOUR OWN contact with your ex Minimal,as minimal as possible,

while making your own life . Think of yourself .Your children need you healthy . And to be healthy you need to be happy :). Make yourself happy by excluding all unhappy moments from your life.

I agree with WinnieB, what are you doing to yourself. This man left you 4 years ago and you are still killing yourself over him. You deserve better. For 4 years he's been living his life with another woman probably happily. You should stop hoping to get back together with him and work on helping you and your kids make a better life. No one deserves to suffer this way and not for this long.

Again, I agree with Winnie B that you should go to NC with immediate effect; frankly I would have done that long time ago. It sounds as though that he affects you very much. You need to ask yourself some real and honest questions and make it a point to move ahead with your life. It sounds as though despite all that have happened, you still love this guy and would jump at the opportunity to get back with him. In my opinion, that would be a big mistake. He cheated on you and move on with another woman, he does not deserve to be in your presence. It seems to me that you might have some self worth/esteem issue that you should address.

You mentioned that there are men interested in, why have you not explored your options. 4 years is a long time for anyone to be miserable.

4 years ago?? Well since you've kept in touch its basically as though he never left your life...It truly makes me sad to hear stories about people not getting over theri ex'es as time goes by...You dont deserve this...Why are you clinging on to hope he might come back? He LEFT you FOR ANOTHER WOMAN!!! That alone should make you angry and want to move on...I know love is unfair and it hurts BUT we have to love ourselves first. I'm sorry to hear your going through this...your husband does not deserve you!!!

Your post touched me as I understand how hard and heartbreaking it is to truly love somebody and then have them leave you. Believe me i KNOW! But it hurts me to know that you've been in pain for all these years while he is out there with someone else. Please just stop clinging on to hope that he might be coming back. Get out there, you dont have to force yourself to be with someone...i know being alone and not having love isnt exactly the best feeling, but honestly there are so many worse things and we have to deal with cards we've been dealt. Life does this sometimes. What advice did the therapist give you?