breaking up Hurts

Snicker23

I was fine when I first broke up with my g/f, 2 weeks ago and in the last 3 days I have not been able to get her off my mind I want to hold her, kiss her, etc. . . I now regret everything that we did. I am hurting and not sure on what to do deep down I miss her but also am happy that we are broke up I am better off without being treated like crap so why is it I am drepressed????

Change is scary. There is a void in your life. There is a loss when somebody exits your life no matter what the reason.

Give things some time, be patient with yourself. You may have these feelings for another few weeks or off and on for a few months. That's the normal mourning process. It does get better.

Very often we love somebody on a very deep level but they don't love us in return and treat us poorly as your girl treated you. You were forced to terminate the relationship and, unfortunately, the loving feelings remain for a while.

It takes a lot more than love to make a relationship work. You had the love for her but she was a bxtch. You did the right thing by getting away from her.

You should feel very powerful and good that you had the strength to leave the relationship despite your strong feelings. That's something you have to do in every case when somebody isn't treating you with decency and respect.

Good for you!!!

I have been through a couple painful breakups myself. When you fall in love, you allow pain in your heart. Im single, and I have a hard time dating now, becuase I dont wont to anymore pain. Though, how can you love without it?

I admire you for ending the r/s. Recognizing that it was the best choice. Though it seems the heartache can last what feels like WAY to long, life is really short. You dont ever want to settle for less of someone.

Change is scary. There is a void in your life. There is a loss when somebody exits your life no matter what the reason. Give things some time, be patient with yourself. You may have these feelings for another few weeks or off and on for a few months. That's the normal mourning process. It does get better. Very often we love somebody on a very deep level but they don't love us in return and treat us poorly as your girl treated you. You were forced to terminate the relationship and, unfortunately, the loving feelings remain for a while. It takes a lot more than love to make a relationship work. You had the love for her but she was a bxtch. You did the right thing by getting away from her.

You should feel very powerful and good that you had the strength to leave the relationship despite your strong feelings. That's something you have to do in every case when somebody isn't treating you with decency and respect. Good for you!!!

Ditto. Breaking up sometimes feels like a "death", and is extremely difficult. You are human and we all go through what you are feeling at one time or another if you are dating. Learn how to keep busy. Time doesn't completely heal all, but it lessens the pain. Each day will bring a variety of anxieties and feelings, but healing from a broken heart is a process. Learn from it. That is why God allows us to feel pain---to learn from it. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You will be stronger for it. Good luck.

I have been through a couple painful breakups myself. When you fall in love, you allow pain in your heart. Im single, and I have a hard time dating now, becuase I dont wont to anymore pain. Though, how can you love without it? I admire you for ending the r/s. Recognizing that it was the best choice. Though it seems the heartache can last what feels like WAY to long, life is really short. You dont ever want to settle for less of someone.