Neighboring Ex's

Saros200k

Hey all, I'm a new member, but have read before. Ok, so I'm a senior in college, dated a girl for 2.5 years, we planned on living next to each other in a dorm this year, but then she broke up with me. I managed to move myself to another room in the building, which I thought would spare me from seeing here, but I was wrong. 5 months after I break up, we move into the building, and now there's another guy in the room I was supposed to be in which she flirt with and hangs around with. I see her and him all the time together. She was a terrible person to me, yet it still bothers and causes my heart to sink. She has even dated someone over the summer who ditched her in the end, so she definitely seems like the type to need a guy in her life. I thought I was over her, but this definitely just brought back a rush of feelings and anxiety/stress. Any advice on what to do to get past this situation or words of encouragement would be great. (and yes, I'm trying to move somewhere else right now :( )

I wish there was something I could say so it wouldn't bother you anymore, but I know how you feel. I think moving is definitely a good idea. Some people think it wont bother them to see the other person, but sometimes its just plain hard to take seeing an ex with some one else.

Its always hard to understand how people can treat you so badly when you've done nothing but be good to them, but there is no easy explination except that she just wasnt the right one. My ex turned into a completely terrible person after we broke up, and treated my like trash. Every chance she had to do anything nicely, she chose instead to be hurtful and cold.

My advice is to work on moving and get yourself out there and date. Spend some time figuring out what you want and what you look for in a partner. Just keep yourself busy and your mind occupied. I know its generic advice, but only time can heal you wounds.