My best friend..isnt best anymore

Delphine

my best friend- shes very ani-social, and we have been friends for about all my life.. but im a year older and i feel as if we are growing apart... i love her and all, but we have nothing to relate to anymore.. shes close with her family, im not. and i feel like evertime i hang out with her we are 7 again. she also has very strict parents and can never do anything!

im starting to not want to hangout with her, and i HATE going to her house, we have to go to bed at 11 and not telling her parents what were doing is a BIG deal. and her family are clean FREAKS!! when we wash our faces, we have to clean EVERY drop of water!!! it will dry you know,

everytime i want to hangout with her.. its for like an hour, OR "ill think out it' from her parents...and then its too late, even thou we asked like 23412 hours ago. its like a big deal for someone to sleepover or hangout. i can only comeover to help clean or something

i love her, but things are getting old between us, and dull

LikeCharlotte

My parents were much like your friends parents and my best friend and I (from the age of 7) had a few years where we weren't in contact. We are in our 30's now and we both laugh at how my (and her's) parents acted. I'm very happy that she and I remained lifetime friends. Someday you will both be out on your own and have the freedom to leave the sink wet. Try not to punish her because her parents are strict. In time this will all be water under the bridge and you will have something to laugh about. Also, remember that it is okay to have other friends to do things with if your best friend cannot go.