Ex's Birthday and I did nothing

Mostly needed to vent. I was with my exgf for 5 years and she dumped me and left our apartment after living together for only 6 months. We broke up in October 07 but we have been NC since March 08. I love her more then anything, and she texted me on my birthday in January. I miss her so much, but I know it's over and I still wake up everyday and I think about her. I'm proud of myself mainly because of this site that I kept NC. I got drunk tonight and I wanted to text her happy bday, but i knew it would not accomplish anything except hurt me. It was an excuse to contact her and I'm glad that I did not succumb to the temptation. Thank you ls.

Mostly needed to vent. I was with my exgf for 5 years and she dumped me and left our apartment after living together for only 6 months. We broke up in October 07 but we have been NC since March 08. I love her more then anything, and she texted me on my birthday in January. I miss her so much, but I know it's over and I still wake up everyday and I think about her. I'm proud of myself mainly because of this site that I kept NC. I got drunk tonight and I wanted to text her happy bday, but i knew it would not accomplish anything except hurt me. It was an excuse to contact her and I'm glad that I did not succumb to the temptation. Thank you ls.

I know it's tough man, but ultimately probably the right thing if you are still trying to get over her. Think of it this way, if you had texted her and got nothing back, it may have made you feel even worse.

^5 for keeping the contact to zero..

You will look back on this one day and realize that breakups are hard and just take time to get over..

You will also stop seeing her in your dreams and will wake up and think of other things one day also..

Those things take time and you cannot control your thoughts.

I had to do the same thing. It's rough but you did the right thing.