not coping at all today

Lookingforward

Lookingforward

not sure why, maybe because this time last year we were together and I was so happy to be with him after months of an LDR

I thought I was doing better but today all these feelings of missing him just flooded over me

Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to where I was.........

JustPassingThru

I'm in the same boat.

Went to my classes and couldn't concentrate. Went running, called a bunch of people, listened to music, wrote down my feelings. *USELESS*

Tomorrow is another day. I keep telling myself, things could be worse.

Keep your chin up.

replicator

Same here.. Today was exceptionally tough. I almost gave in to breaking NC a dozen times, but I held off and I'm glad that I did.

Hang in there - a better day awaits tomorrow.. or the day after.

• Author
Lookingforward

Thanks guys - even after nearly a year there are good days and bad days - this just happens to be one of the bad ones i guess

It's weird how we go back and forth - it truly is a cycle.

I totally don't understand people who split up and are with new partners within a month or whatever

Hang in there, LookingForward!! I'm really sorry that you had a bad day. I've been there too. It does get better. Like Julie Andrews said in The Sound of Music, "Well, you cry a little, then you wait for the sun to come out. It always does." That's so pathetically cheesy, I know. But it got me thru some dark moments. Hope it helps a little. :bunny::bunny: [[[[LF]]]]

tealeafbud
Thanks guys - even after nearly a year there are good days and bad days - this just happens to be one of the bad ones i guess

I totally don't understand people who split up and are with new partners within a month or whatever

Hi Lookingforward, stay strong and know that you are loved by many people, including your family, friends, and the people here on LS. We're all kindred spirits on this board and here to help with anything.

Trust in yourself that you will feel better. Time really does heal all, as the cliche goes. The only way to speed up your healing time is to focus on yourself, and use the time wisely instead of feeling sorry for yourself. There is a time to grieve, but there's also a time to move on. Good luck and keep strong.

borelandkaren

You're so right. I fluctuate so many times PER DAY! I'm so over it and I wish I was SO OVER IT. I'm still going thru the motions of trying to extricate myself financially and am just about to send all of my tax stuff off to the accountant. Even looking thru old receipts has taken me right back and I'm so blue. I remember every purchase, every job that they belonged to. Why did he let his dick rule his head. We should be buying a house but because he couldn't keep on track, I'm now living thousands of kilometres away from him and pining over what's lost. I don't know if he's seeing anyone else but I suspect his daughter will be consoling him. And yes, u get the drift.

borelandkaren
You're so right. I fluctuate so many times PER DAY! I'm so over it and I wish I was SO OVER IT. I'm still going thru the motions of trying to extricate myself financially and am just about to send all of my tax stuff off to the accountant. Even looking thru old receipts has taken me right back and I'm so blue. I remember every purchase, every job that they belonged to. Why did he let his dick rule his head. We should be buying a house but because he couldn't keep on track, I'm now living thousands of kilometres away from him and pining over what's lost. I don't know if he's seeing anyone else but I suspect his daughter will be consoling him. And yes, u get the drift.

And no, I'm not just being neurotic.

underpants

I feel the same way. Maybe it is just a different breed? No offense to those that do this.

It sounds like you cared a great deal. To replace it too soon (for you) would not be fully honoring what you invested and what you will ultimately take from the experience and loss.

Heartbreak does take time. Don't let it shelter you too much though.

Toe the line between past and future and walk wise.