Post your NC Count

Exl,

6 days NC, 3 weeks since break-up. Between that and the similarity of our stories, I'm beginning to think... YOU ARE ME! FREAK OUT!

Yes, I notice the similarities.. Therefore I've been reading your posts too.. :/

Lost track. 1 sms in over a month. the silly thing is every time phone goes I still think it might be her…

ScarredStar

11 hours lol, only started NC last night, we broke up on Monday. Today would have been our year anniversary. Finding it difficult, but sticking it out. And because I KNOW I would drunkely text him, I'm giving a friend my phone for the night any time we go out.

motive2002

I can't remember if this is the weekend she has her daughter or not. I actually forgot something. Must be a good sign.

Hopefully I'll forget more each day.

ScarredStar

15 minutes :(. I havent been able to get him to have the 'closure' discussion face to face with me, hes just been texting me and I only get half answers. I really need it to happen. Until then I dont think Ill be ready for this no contact buisness, as sad as it sounds :(.

LikeCharlotte
15 minutes :(. I havent been able to get him to have the 'closure' discussion face to face with me, hes just been texting me and I only get half answers. I really need it to happen. Until then I dont think Ill be ready for this no contact buisness, as sad as it sounds :(.
Closure comes from inside of you. I understand if you want some information from him to help you but if it is stressful for you remember that the only real resolution you will ever have will come once you go through the grieving and healing. I am not a person that thinks NC is for every situation. I just think you should be careful with your heart right now.
sunshinegirl

Funny, I'm not really counting days this time. I have no desire to contact him. Why would I? He's with the office hooch now. We're done.

HOWEVER. I still do run through in my head what he's likely doing now - "oh yeah, this weekend he's visiting his daughter" - "oh yeah, early June he's going on that climbing trip". Etc. Shouldn't matter, really, but for some reason it comforts me to think of the times he can't possibly be spending with the hooch.

tealeafbud

tomorrow is 21 days of NC. She did text me today. one of those "wondering how you are doin" texts. *sigh

I was nearly in tears talking to one of my friends about what to do. It's funny how just a few words can mess with your emotions.

I've decided I'm not going to respond. Even though I dumped and left her, I still think about her. And even though she has a live in boyfriend, she pulls this shyt.

I'm counting my NC days, but I think after tomorrow I'll just remember the start date...(may 9th). *sigh

tealeafbud
So does that break NC when they text you, but you don't answer?

Yeah, it does, right?

It's late.

no, it doesn't break NC for you.... It breaks it for them though.

Once you reply or make contact, you need to start over. I think that's how it goes.

good luck YYY

underpants

I just have to say.

Texting is about the weakest form of communication in the midst or aftermath of a breakup.

It is akin to a myspace comment or for that matter two branches falling from a tree to make a Gestalt type symbol connotating meaning.

If they are at all sincere then they would at the very least call you (leave a message) or give you the respect of a complete paragraph in letter form.

Don't fall for easy bait.

Back to scratch....

Texted her two days ago (without reply) so it's back on 2 days now. And she's been looking at my hi5 profile which doesn't make it any easier.

Yet had the guts to go out with a female friend yesterday knowing very well we'd might meet. Luckily or not it didn't happen although I did meet her flatmate and a bunch of her classmates :p

• Author

Almost 5 weeks I think, I am not counting days anymore. I still really miss her but I will not contact her. I am better off the way things are. I will beat this damn thing and be better for it.

motive2002

50 days to leave your lover.

You just slip out the back, Jack

Make a new plan, Stan

You don’t need to be coy, Roy

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, Gus

You don’t need to discuss much

Just drop off the key, Lee

And get yourself free

(I just get drunk sometimes and send him declarations of undying love etc :o with pictures and everything)

Well, at least it goes to show you were a TRUE love. You still remember and love him after all this time. I'd like to see how easy he will find another woman who will do the same. Girls like you are special, so always remember that. :)

LikeCharlotte
Girls like you are special, so always remember that. :)
Does that apply to girls who silently endure unrequited melancholy as well?
When I see him' date=' I fight against every fiber of my being that wants to go to him and give him a hug like I used to. I miss him dearly, dearly, dearly...[/quote']

I wish I could hear my ex wife saying that... she left me for some other guy, despite my hardest efforts to reunite us. I would have more luck getting a phone call or email from a cow than her, that's how far gone she seems to me at this point.

Does that apply to girls who silently endure unrequited melancholy as well?

Sure, of course it does.

tealeafbud
50 days to leave your lover.

You just slip out the back, Jack

Make a new plan, Stan

You don’t need to be coy, Roy

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, Gus

You don’t need to discuss much

Just drop off the key, Lee

And get yourself free

Motive, have you been waiting till day 50 to post that? That's very patient of you. I LOVE IT!

As for me, I'm only on day 21.

LikeCharlotte
Sure, of course it does.

In that case I will post my NC

32 days 1 hr 34 min 9 sec

motive2002
Motive, have you been waiting till day 50 to post that?

Nope. Just popped in my head.

Day 50 doesn't seem much easier than day 1 sometimes :(

tealeafbud

22 days. I replied to an email she sent last night, but that does not count.

the response was "fine,thx u? pls send my guitar"

Zero contact since thursday. He stopped writing as well, so it's for good. He wanted to "tell me many things in a letter" after his exam, in one week. I am not counting on it. He didn't have to move on, he was never in, I guess.

Feeling completely heartbroken today. I was doing so much better in that department. And now...maybe because the illusion (that he is actually sorry) is gone. He really doesn't care, didn't ever. It's now a month (completely) since I found out. It's been since December that he had me suffering. I last saw him at the very last days in February (sic!). We were Long Distance, but it's not easy anyway. My flat reminds me of him so badly..