Starting a new relationship after a loss

Hi everyone, i've recently met somone that i'm crazy about.

She recently lost someone romantically close to her and is going through a very hard time. We met within the month of her loss and we are very attracted to each other and get along very well. I have been providing as much comfort as i can and i'm very worried about her.

Problem is i'm not sure what to do? I want to be with her but she's naturally grieving and unable to offer much. I've said that i will move on if she needs time and she can call me at a later stage, yet she doesn't want this either as she needs all the support she can get.

It's difficult because i already have so many feelings for her and i'm stuck in nowhere land while she's going through this loss. I know there's a strong attraction and we care about one another, but she's in a bad state of mind and i don't know if we can trust her judgements at the moment.

It's difficult hearing how she feels so alone. I know it sounds selfish, but i also worry that i will always be second best.

I posted this in another forum but have received no advice, i guess it's a tough topic. Hoping someone in this forum has had some experience in this area or can offer advice!?

All signs point to avoiding a relationship right now. You pretty much answer your own response in regards to her not being clear minded right now.

The person you are interacting with is not thinking with a level head. It's natural for her to want to fill the void created by the death of her gf with someone else - you.

People need space and time after a relationship and espcially after the death of a lover.

Give her some room and let her sort things out.

Good luck.