Was this the best decision to make regarding ex gf/good friend/neighbor?

Ohio_isforLovers

Ohio_isforLovers

Well I've gone out with my ex for over 3 and a half years. Mostly all of my high school years. Well at the end of High School she decides to break up with me by saying that she wanted a break between me and then later on telling me that she wanted to break up. Which i knew was gonna happen :(.

She tells me that the reason she broke up was that she wasn't feeling it anymore and that she wanted to experience whats out there. I find that confusing because why would u waste my 3 years of my life of dating and having fun with other people if you were gonna do this to me.:confused: It hit me really hard because being dumb i sacrificed so much for this girl! I would always spend time with her every chance i got! She lived right in front of me which makes it worse.

Well after the break up which was summer we barley talked here and there because she began hanging wit this other guy. Which i knew in the back of my head she liked. I ended up not talking to her cause of the way she ended our relationship like it was nothing. Well after two months the guy ends up not talking to her anymore and shes by herself. They never end up going out but i heard that they had sex a couple times. Which hurts me alot....Like who wouldn't be sad!

Anyways i begin to talk to her and we become good friends. From Sept to Feb we gone out to movies,dinner, and hanged out. We were like really good friends. We also end up fooling around sexually from time to time! Which i think screwed with my head...I would always try to be there for her whenever she was sad or sick. Cause i really loved this girl from the bottom of my heart. She means a lot to me.

I was hoping that she would start to grow those feelings for me since we hanged out a lot. But nothing ever happen! :( All i kept getting from her was that she wasn't looking for a boyfriend! Which i knew deep down wasn't true.

Well its now March and things got so bad. I end up finding out that she begins to be freinds with the guy that she was fooling around with during the summer. I ask myself how can this girl be so stupid! This guy used you and stopped talking to you for no reason and now your talking to him again because he decides to talk to you again!

I confront her with why shes doing this to herself and all i get is why does it matter to you! :mad: I wanted to scream at her and tell her " BECAUSE I LOVE YOU AND CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID SELF" She also got mad that i brought him up and that she dosent want me talking about him! When i was having that conversation with her i was on the phone. I then asked her if she knows how i feel about the way you treat me and shes like "yeah like ****" Im like yeah hope you enjoy it..I was so fed up with this girl i spend a whole year with her bull **** trying to get her back.

At the end of the phone conversation i told her i couldn't be freinds with you anymore cause of the situation. I asked her would you want that? she replied "No, i would still wanna be freinds with you but if you want that then go ahead its your choice" I got so mad i was like " w.e i cant take this anymore" and i hanged up in her face! :D It felt so goooooood! Even tough when i said that she laughed and said "okay!"

Well i'm wondering if it was a good choice for me to make. Would i be better still being freinds but still being hurt cause of her stupid actions? I danno at this point i'm lost with my desicion that i made. This is a girl who i really love dearly. But if shes gonna be messing around with that idiot of a guy then what is there for me to do? Also i gave her this really expensive necklace that my grandma gave me to give to the one girl that i loved. Well i gave it to her! Stupid? yes, very if i only knew... Would it be a good idea to ask for it back? cause whats the point in a girl having it if she dosent love me back?

---

What i learned....

I feel so betrayed by this girl. I hate the fact that she told me that she loved me! The word love is a really strong word. You should only use it when you mean it with your heart...You wouldn't say it then later on say the love is not there anymore..Guess what! you never loved me to begin with! Then you wouldn't of ever said those words! :(

No, you shouldn't remain friends with her. You need to stop talking to her to get over her.

If the necklace means something to you and your grandmother, you should ask for it back in a nice way stating it's importance in your family.

You cannot be mad at her for using the word love...she could very well have loved you. You were together for a long time. People change, circumstances change, and the world would be a completely different place if we were all still with our first loves.

She's not right for you, but that doesn't mean that the years you spent together were a waste of time. You enjoyed them, you have good memories from them. Yes, it DOES hurt now, but when you were making those memories you never thought you'd regret them. So don't regret them now. They've made you who you are today and you will likely be a better boyfriend to your next girlfriend, and you will find someone who is a better fit.