'I dont love you anymore'

SarahT111

How do u deal with someone you love more than the world telling you he doesn't love you anymore and then moving on with another girl a day later? I just cant deal with it anymore, its ripping my heart to pieces.

Oh god, that happened to me, with my first real boyfriend in high school. Yes, it was high school, but we were together for two years, which is a long time when you're a teenager. Even now, 20 years later, I still feel a twinge of anger at him for being such a jerk and hurting me like that. All I can say is that it heals. Just keep venting here, okay?

Im afraid i dont have the answer, i wish i did as im going through exactly the same thing. After 3 years of being in love he left me and is now in love with someone else. Its been nearly about a month now since that all happened and its got easier, when im with my friends im fine, i enjoy going out but when im home alone its hard not to think about my ex torturing myself over his new relationship.

My guess is that he (and sorry to say it but probably the same with your situation) fell out of love with me sometime ago and this new relationship started while we were still together. So they have moved on before we knew anything about it. My ex wants nothing to do with me now, maybe he feels guilty about it! Who knows!

I believe in karma - what goes around comes around. So us the dumpees are going through the hard times now but we will move on but the dumpers, those who have treated us so badly will eventually have to answer to their actions. Their new relationships probably wont last and sooner or later they will have to deal with the break up of that only that relationship but the ones with us as well - they may try and reach out to us, they might not but by that time we wont care as our lives with be about 1 million times better!

xxxx

Even though I did the dumping I know I'm going thru more pain with the breakup than she is.

I know when I see my ex, the best revenge is going to be looking, feeling, and being better than I was when we were going out.

That's really all you can do, and it just so happens that it's the best thing for you to do.

Same thing happened here with my husband. One day he loves me and the next it is get out. I don't understand when love can flip like a switch. But then again I am the one who was dumped. I do hope it gets easier to bear because the pain hurts.

Because they are low life sacks of **** that think of only themselves and will do it to everyone they TRY to have a relationship with.....be GLAD he did that to you....NOW you know the REAL him and what he is capable of.....let the new poor gilr have his ass !

I reviewed several topics posted on LS and they all have striking similarities and predictable patterns. Even the language used by a WS at the beginning of the end of a relationship is suggestive of the existence of a third party. A typical one is 'I love you, but I'm not in love with you'. The dumper tries to suggest that s/he is not in control of his/her feelings. Usually the dumper will have worked out the exact wording of the revelation weeks or even months beforehand. Sometimes arguments are started deliberately to elicit a reaction in order to justify his or her decision to quit. If the reaction is one of anger and resentment, the dumper is absolved of his/her guilt as s/he begins to believe that the dumpee is the cause of the split, because s/he is unreasonable. Depending on the situation the dumper may not be sure of him/herself as they are unable to predict whether the new relationship will work out. Sometimes s/he may be too deep in a fantasy fog to care about the consequences. This is why it is better to let them go. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that situation when she said: 'I love you but I am not in love with you'. Knowing what I know now, my response would have been 'That is too bad because I am not in love with you either and neither do I love you. It is for this reason that I am going to divorce you and sell the house at the earliest opportunity. You are the weakest link, goodbye'

Nomad1

Edited by Nomad1
Blue Eyed Brain

You move on. If they don't want you, you no longer want them. Otherwise, it's just useless emotions.