I feel at peace

someone3434

I can't really explain it. I have been miserable the last 3-4 weeks after the girl I thought I was going to marry left me. I felt weak, useless, a coward, unloved..pretty much everything I think many of us feel on this board.

And yet today..I can't really explain it. I still love her and the time I had with her. But I'm not bitter anymore. I'm at peace.

I hope that someday many of you, all of you that I have read your stories, can find the peace that I seem to have found today. I think part of it may have been being able to understand what many of you are going through..what you think..what you feel..how you have lived your lives...i truly believe this board and the people that are on it have been a blessing to me. I hope that your pain may go away. I don't think mine has completely yet but I truly feel for the first time in a long time that I will be ok.

Same happened to me. I woke up one morning, looked at this long and needy letter that I had wrote my ex and re did the whole thing. For some reason I no longer felt like you just described. When I finished it and sealed it, I spoke with her later that day and told her how I felt and you know what??? I did it with a straight face and was completely myself. Straight forward, heart felt, and honest.

Since then I cant bring myself to think of one bad or negative thing about the break up. I actually smile and get this weird feeling when I think of her and of us. A feeling of knowing that I am a great person, I am worth something, I cherished what we had, and that I am thankful for being able to love her. Peace, acceptance, love, moving on...whatever it is I finally feel free knowing that I can live my life again.

Good to hear for both of you. I am looking forward to that day to. I believe it will happen. The day I can look back and smile at the memories instead of being torn by them.

Hearing the stories from this board of course has encouraged me no end, knowing that alot of people have recovered and are moving on.

I want to move on too, I'm tired of feeling down and despondent. I want to live my life again without the shadow of my break-up darkening my days. I wish I could still love her and her love me, but I fear that's no longer a possibility, it's all in the past.

It's all very sad still but I look forward to the day that the memories are without pangs of sadness and regret and just pictures in my head.

I firmly believe if a person is meant for you then they won't pass you by.I have been apart from my ex for 2 months now.At first I was devastated,gutted and felt my world collapse around me.Then one morning I felt a calmness inside of me.Damn,I can't change a thing about where I am.If I am not meant to be with my ex then so be it.If I am then in time she will let me know.Who knows,by then I might not want what I think I do now.Life has a great way of sorting out things,just wait and believe and it will not let you down.All will work out fine.Heads up folks!!