All those in No Contact, how long so far?

Scorpio13c

For me, it's now 8 weeks since our breakup, going on 5 weeks NC.

It's been a rollercoaster that will hopefully come to an end soon.

One day is good, two days bad, two days good, but i hate the weekends!

Oh well, how are you coping?

Scorp

5 months. Better off not opening those wounds. I don't think there is anything he could give me but more sadness. More ups than downs. Many more good days. Hang in there.

2 weeks and it sucks!!!..he has a new gf already, just makes me so upset, but im tryign to stay strong, i know one day it will all get easier! just can't wait for that day:)

Broke up 7 weeks ago and just finished my 1st week of real NC yesterday. Damn I feel pathetic. :o

There was a 2 week period of NC in there around mid-August but I screwed it up. I'm not breaking it this time. That's for sure! :mad:

Broke up 7 weeks ago and just finished my 1st week of real NC yesterday. Damn I feel pathetic. :o

You're not pathetic :) We've been broken up for 3.5 months and the longest period of NC lasted 3 days...She broke it and I allowed her to.. I gave up on NC after that... Oh well...

Oh well, how are you coping?

Hmm, actually it's been about 3 months and I don't give a hoot about her. I cope by making new friends and finding something new to experience every weekend... and by working a lot during the week. Actually, I wouldn't call it coping at all, it's too much fun.

I have been broken up 2 months and NC for 1 month. Agree w/ the weekend comment from Scorpio, but the mornings are also pretty damn tough on me. Can't stop my mind from dredging up old memories...I wake up pissed off!

I've been NC almost 4 months now. I agree with a previous poster. It's been more ups than downs. I know I'm doing the right thing. I'm hopeful that one day it'll all make sense to me. I do miss him, but what can you do. You can't make someone love you.

And like another poster, mine moved onto someone else BEFORE we even stopped seeing eachother/going NC. It SUCKED.

Happy Yom Kippur to him. I hope he's repenting for all the hurt he caused me this year.

2 1/2 months breakup, limited contact, last contact three days ago - and it crushed me.........

I think I've finally learned my lesson, bitter as it is. I've got to restore my self-respect so NC from now on.

Having said that, her birthday is in 3 weeks and it would be false of me not to recognise it. I might send flowers and a card but not email. She'll be surprised at no email. She is a good person, I love her desperately, so I need to be true to my own values.

• Author
I have been broken up 2 months and NC for 1 month. Agree w/ the weekend comment from Scorpio, but the mornings are also pretty damn tough on me. Can't stop my mind from dredging up old memories...I wake up pissed off!

I hear ya!

Mornings for some reason hit me the most :(

Then when the weekends come, i'd rather not get out of bed. I'm now able to sleep up to 16 hours! Helps me lose some weight though )

2 1/2 months breakup, limited contact, last contact three days ago - and it crushed me.........

I think I've finally learned my lesson, bitter as it is. I've got to restore my self-respect so NC from now on.

Having said that, her birthday is in 3 weeks and it would be false of me not to recognise it. I might send flowers and a card but not email. She'll be surprised at no email. She is a good person, I love her desperately, so I need to be true to my own values.

Birthday or no, don't do it. You are simply looking for excuses for contact. And in you own words, you'll be crushed. Don't try to make it out to be anything but your own desperate (your word) need. It's not about your values at all. You are hanging on.

she broke it off about...2 months ago and I've been NC for about 2 weeks. The other times it was a few days and then I would talk to her. We end up having an argument when we were trying to be friends and that's when i realize we cannot be friends and I needed time away.

I've been doing pretty well, but i hear from mutual friends that she's on a roller coaster of emotion now. Karma bites back.

We broke up 11 months ago N/C for 9 months because of circumstance we cant be totally N/C but we say hi and bye when we see each other and thats it. Differently no e-mails, texts and phone calls.

Im not sure if it is any easier after all this time. I still think about her first and last thing of the day. Still processing it all. I know breaking up with her was the right thing to do but I guess I still miss her a little but miss more the times we had. Just try to get on with it and to be honest I have no wish to break N/C as I simply dont have anything I wanna say to her.

XxBacktoBlackXx

Two days. I know, I know. That's pathetic. But this breakup is really fresh, as in about a week ago. I didn't initiate the contact if that makes it any better. I consider NC doing anything pertaining to that person, so even if I log on to a secret screen name of mine on MSN and have him on my list (cause I want to see if he's online), I consider that breaking NC. I'm trying to be really strict with myself about this. I've yet to get a new phone number but am doing that ASAP.

It was two months up until lastweek.

I decided to send a text message stating my deepest condolences that her Grandfather had died.

I did the right thing. However i do wish i had not sent in hindsight.

She did reply within half an hour to my text message with a simple "I'm ok....thanks for the text message"

It has put me back a little. I have had trouble keeping he rout of my mind the past few days.

I also found out through a third party she was upset by my message. I know of no reason why.

Other than she was probably shocked to realise i still cared..

Proud to say I haven't had itchy fingers for almost five months I think..Hey, I'm not even counting anymore and that's progress. I feel great and wonder now at my utter blindness at the time. He called three times... I was rather unresponsive and I never returned the calls. Of course, there are days far and apart thank God when I do miss him but then I think of what a j*** he was and I get over it! NC really works. It heals and makes you very proud of yourself! Plus it gives you hindsight and we all know that's 20/20 vision.

Been broke up for 5 and a half months, and I'm going on almost 3 months of NC. It's really getting hard because she won't stop calling me because I had surgery. I just think she is calling because that is what people expect her to do, not because she cares. Meeting new girls really makes this easier.

I just think she is calling because that is what people expect her to do, not because she cares.

I dont know your whole story, but what if she does care?

haven't made it as far so you. i hate the mornings too. the dreams suck but at least we are healthy mad instead of unhealthy sad. NC gives me sanity. i don 't know how or why some people can have contact and think it will make them feel better. not judging i just couldn't do it, and i don't have anything nice to say. looking forward to switching up my thinking process and moving on, but it feels like i might be p'ed awhile. at least i'm not in bed all day. i'd rather pick up my weights and feel my body getting stronger even if i feel like a big baby on the inside.:p

haven't made it as far so you. i hate the mornings too. the dreams suck but at least we are healthy mad instead of unhealthy sad. NC gives me sanity. i don 't know how or why some people can have contact and think it will make them feel better. not judging i just couldn't do it, and i don't have anything nice to say. looking forward to switching up my thinking process and moving on, but it feels like i might be p'ed awhile. at least i'm not in bed all day. i'd rather pick up my weights and feel my body getting stronger even if i feel like a big baby on the inside.:p

ijust,

I may be healthy mad in the am, but the rest of the day seems to turn to pathetic sad. I consider myself to be pretty even keeled, but this mess has left me questioning everything.

I normally will go for a ride or run to get rid of stress...those are things I did w/ my ex...so they are not helping as much as I would like.

NC may provide some peace of mind in the future. I hope so because right now I feel like I shell of the person I was before I met my ex.

Broke up about almost a month ago now. Right now, 2 weeks of NC after a closure conversation! Been doing great the last 2 weeks! Wonderful, didn't even think about him! But for some reason, today triggered something. Well, he's moving in with my close friend so my close friend always talks about the ex when we talk so I'm a bit sadder today than usual. I wonder if I should NC the close friend as well. It's not that he intentionally tries to make me relapse, just that they are roommates and he just talks about what he's been up to and that sometimes involves mentioning the ex. Or....when he talks about going to a bar or a concert or whatever, I know he went with the ex, and then my mind wanders to that again!

Do I need to NC with my close friend?

• Author
Broke up about almost a month ago now. Right now, 2 weeks of NC after a closure conversation! Been doing great the last 2 weeks! Wonderful, didn't even think about him! But for some reason, today triggered something. Well, he's moving in with my close friend so my close friend always talks about the ex when we talk so I'm a bit sadder today than usual. I wonder if I should NC the close friend as well. It's not that he intentionally tries to make me relapse, just that they are roommates and he just talks about what he's been up to and that sometimes involves mentioning the ex. Or....when he talks about going to a bar or a concert or whatever, I know he went with the ex, and then my mind wanders to that again!

Do I need to NC with my close friend?

Hi LD,

I have gone NC with a close friend in the past, for the same reason, no need to hear about the ex, so i cut him off too.

Scorp