Dating again while trying to cope??

cecil brown

Still having a hard time coping with the loss of my ex, but at the same time, I want to start dating. Nothing serious, but it would be nice to have someone to go out and have a good time with.

Over the last few weeks, I've asked a few girls out, but have been rejected.

This rejection leads me to believe that maybe it's not quite time yet.

Thoughts or opinions anyone? Should I still try to focus on myself and save the dating for a little further down the road?

If you're not feeling the confidence when asking the girls out, it could be why they're not accepting. Make them laugh. It's always a good way to make a connection.

It's up to you if you feel that you're at the point of being ready to date.

Going through a breakup is a very painful and emotionally-draining experience. I feel for you. I think you should take some time for yourself and go through the healing process before entering the dating scene again. In this way, you'll renew the energy sapped from you and you can work on rebuilding your confidence. Try to focus your attention on YOU. Pick up a hobby, engage in some athletic activity, spend time with friends/family, etc. After some time, you'll feel revitalized and ready to date again...

• Author

It has been a very draining experience; one that has basically wiped out my entire year up to this point.

Part of me thinks it may just be a good idea to try and salvage what's left of 2007 by focusing on myself and fixing my shortcomings and starting fresh in '08.

If you're not feeling the confidence when asking the girls out, it could be why they're not accepting. Make them laugh. It's always a good way to make a connection.

It's up to you if you feel that you're at the point of being ready to date.

I agree with trial, =)