having a difficult time right now

SANDYEGGO

I finally left my husband after wanting to leave for a while. He had been playing emotional blackmail with me, promising me that I would have to leave my kids behind and forget about getting back in the house.

Well, now the court will be making decisions on behalf of the family. It is costing me a HUGE amt of money that I don't have right now. I am packed into my mom's with my kids (DD from 1st marriage and DS from current marriage). Husband not helping me financially.

I'm totally exhausted and scared of the future. I can hardly function at work right now. I've lost about 15 lbs in the last 3 weeks. To top it off, when husband takes DS, he takes him out and spends money on him.

I think he still thinks that there is a chance that things are going to work out between us. After what he has put me thru in the marriage and now, there is no way in hell.

Someone, please tell me that it will get better soon! I'm not coping well and I need to be strong for my kids!

Thanks!

DOn't worry about how difficult it seems now. Everything will be all right and work out in the end so that you will be happy you went through what you did. What does DD and DS stand for btw?

Also you're very lucky you and your children have your mother to live in with during this time when you are so strapped for money. I'm not sure how these things work but can't you have your lawyer ask your spouse to foot your bill if the divorce is his fault? Why are you leaving him?

• Author

DD and DS stands for dear daughter and dear son.

In california, there is no fault divorce so that isn't an option. Since I do make my own living, I probably will be stuck paying my own attorney fees, which is fine.

I'm leaving my husband because he has been terrorizing me for years. He has held me hostage financially and has been emotionally abusive and at times it has become physical. I just need a few paychecks to get me established so that I can start living on my own.