Roller Coaster

kali420

My feelings have been like a roller coaster ride. I've been having trouble getting over my ex-girlfriend. I just can't stop thinking about her and her boyfriend. That's pretty much all I've been posting about on here. We broke up about nine months ago. I should've definitely been over it by now for sure. In fact I was over it. I was doing awesome. Finding out about her boyfriend, a guy I used to work with, reopened my wounds. This guy is all the reasons she broke up with me for. So that made me feel crappy. I really do want to move on. I just can't seem to get over this hump. I went on a few dates. So, I'm getting out there again. I wonder if not finding someone has something to do with how I'm feeling. That's what my ex told me anyways. That, if I had found someone, I would'nt have cared. That might be true?!?! I don't know anymore. I've been reading a lot of similar stories on here. It kind helped me understand more about what I'm feeling. Somtimes I'm good, and she doesn't even cross my mind. Other times that's all I can think about. Like today. My feelings were just so hurt that she dated someone I knew. I am so crushed about this. I've talked to everyone I know about it. Got some great advice, and they are helping me cope with it. I just still feel so bad at times. It feels like I will never get over this. True emotional roller coaster ride for me.

you will get over it and you will be ok!!!! you must have faith in yourself.

it is ok not to rush into another relationship, take time to learn more about you and nurture yourself. i had read that many times that special someone comes along when one is not LOOKING. you are most at ease and simply you at that time.

yes, you have the right to feel crushed, what she did was dirty. but, that is yet another reason why you will do better without her. some folks simply lack morals, respect for the relationship. i know, it would be easier to take if she left you for whatever reasons and stayed alone for awhile...then began dating this person. i am in a similar situation. although the break-up is excruciating, the hurt really continues due to the fact that he cheated and then left our LTR. not even the decency to discuss his feelings beforehand so we can work on things.

9 months is a good, long time...congrats. have you been n/c, you mentioned she talked with you. try to give yourself time, there is no rush to begin dating again..i do understand companionship is always nice. maybe just go out with lady friends for now.

take care of yourself.

ps..he really hadn't won a prize now has he.

• Author

Thanks for the kind words. I just need to let this one go, I know. Well, she hooked up with this guy about two months ago. About the same time I left our job, as we both worked at the same place. I pretty much left there because of her. I had a false hope that we would get back together for a couple months. She wanted to be my friend. I don't think I can after this. All my friends are there...I feel like everyones saying "look at this guy, can't get over this chic....and its been that long" you know? I know I should'nt care....And my true friends would understand how I'm feeling, and help me cope. But, I also understand that's just an awkward situation to be put in too. She is kind of friends with them too. So, I'd hate to be the one to say choose me or her. I know that is not fair.

I just need something out of this. I know she's not for me...She didn't do anything TO ME. I'm letting other people's actions affect me. It's hard not think about. It's hard to let go for me. I guess, I was falling in love when she broke it off. That's why I'm having a hard time letting go. I'm feeling unloveable. I'm just at the lowest point right now. We didn't date long either. She is more expeienced in relationships than me, being eleven years older. I'm just a mess right now. I don't know if talking about it more, makes me more depressed, or is helping me through this. It's really affecting me. I'm usually a calm- chill kind of guy. Happy. I like to have a good time. I don't feel like myself after her. Learning all of the aftermaths doesn't help me either. I just don't know anymore. I lost myself.

I find that dating helps me to take my mind off of her so you might do the same and see if it helps you. I still don't feel the same for the other girls like I did for her but being loved by someone new makes you feel wanted and takes you out of depression and self pity just a little bit.