He's FULL of it!

Oh my God, he has some nerve!

To give a quick recap for anyone that's not familiar with my story - I'm a returning student that fell for one of her erstwhile professors. He had me thinking we had a good thing going - flirting, teasing, lots of attention, lots of confidences etc. I thought we were just friends (given our closeness in age) but he gave me the impression that he wanted more than just friendship. I am in a dead-end marriage (separated last week, YAY!) and this man's attention was salve to my wounded soul. Would have all worked out fine IF I hadn't found out that he was wanting 'more than just a friendship' from other students, too.

Made me feel cheap, used and trashy, so I finally called it off. No contact enforced until THIS AM when he emails me a sad message about how much he misses me (yeah, right, what happened to the spring chicken you were wanting to be 'friends' with, dude?) and how he really wants us to meet once the semester is over.

I wrote a harsh email but decided not to send it. I feel so filthy now. I know I'm just being used and it HURTS. Why do people do this?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Mustang Sally

Yikes! What a predator.

It's never a good sign when there is an obvious inequality in a potential relationship (i.e. professor-student, boss-employee, doctor-patient, etc.).

Now, repeat after me: "Good riddance to bad rubbish. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Good riddance...."

You get the idea.

You are worth more than that. Don't flog yourself too much for someone else being a jerk to you.

• Author
Yikes! What a predator.

It's never a good sign when there is an obvious inequality in a potential relationship (i.e. professor-student, boss-employee, doctor-patient, etc.).

Now, repeat after me: "Good riddance to bad rubbish. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Good riddance...."

You get the idea.

You are worth more than that. Don't flog yourself too much for someone else being a jerk to you.

Good riddance to VERY bad rubbish.....

But it hurts. It really hurts. Why does he think so low of me? Why does he think I'll be up to being his little whore? THAT hurts. I really thought he cared for me but apparently, he just wanted to get in my pants and then crush my feelings. I hate him but I harbor tender feelings for him, too.

What a paradox. Why, oh why, does this hurt SO much?

• 2 weeks later...

LoveSux, it ALWAYS hurts when we trust and then feel betrayed. You did the right thing--right down to writing the nasty e-mail but not sending it. Writing is good therapy (which is why these boards are so great!) Knowing the guy's a weasel and a player doesn't make the hurt any easier. Hang in there!

He figured he could get some. He was using his position, saw your weakness and figured you'd be impressed. He's probably done this for years and isn't even thinking of your feelings but only is own huge ego.