sad evening

hrtbroken99

hrtbroken99

another sad evening for me...for those out there lucky in love...gosh I wish I could have that feeling...I hate this...here I thought I was getting better but no, even after 4months of the breakup I keep thinking about him and have wasted 2 hours of crying on him....I hate everything..all I want is to to give love and be loved...it sux...just needed to vent

another sad evening for me...for those out there lucky in love...gosh I wish I could have that feeling...I hate this...here I thought I was getting better but no, even after 4months of the breakup I keep thinking about him and have wasted 2 hours of crying on him....I hate everything..all I want is to to give love and be loved...it sux...just needed to vent

:( oh, you sound like you are having one of those awful yucky moments we all have. It will pass. Crying is never a waste. And you will love and be loved again. May not feel like it tonight, but it will happen, really. Be kind to yourself. Hugs. :bunny:

I am sorry to read you are still hurting 4 months later. Was there something that set you back recently that you are going through a rough patch?

• Author
hrtbroken99

everything is the same...still going to the therapy sessions,,,still trying to stay busy....but a day has not gone by where I have not thought of him...and tomorrow being st. patty's day...remembering being in his arms and celebrating it last year..and now looking at what I am doing at the moment...it just makes me sad...i just really miss being cuddling with someone at night, having someone to talk to, cooking dinner for someone...all those things I miss LOVE.

I understand how you feel (although never thought of St. Patrick's day as a lovey day... to the Irish in me, it's all about beer). Are you sure it's that you miss HIM and not miss just having SOMEONE? We all want to be loved, to be cherished, to be doted on and to have that physical as well as emotional closeness with someone.

Going back and reading your posts, it doesn't sound like he was good enough for you. You were doing all the work in the relationship and not getting back what you put in. Now you can find someone who will love and appreciate you, as you do them. Don't let this one (as you put it) "most immature and self centered person" keep you from meeting someone who is good enough for you...

Remember YOU are the prize, you deserve the best... Stay Strong and allow yourself to heal and move on... We are here for you, many of us on here are nursing broken hearts... and so many have gone on from their harsh pain to find true happiness...

everything is the same...still going to the therapy sessions,,,still trying to stay busy....but a day has not gone by where I have not thought of him...and tomorrow being st. patty's day...remembering being in his arms and celebrating it last year..and now looking at what I am doing at the moment...it just makes me sad...i just really miss being cuddling with someone at night, having someone to talk to, cooking dinner for someone...all those things I miss LOVE.

Oh, I understand that feeling :( but 4 months, maybe it's just still too fresh in your heart, so you haven't healed enough yet. Plus this sounds like a holiday that reminds you of the past, so you feel all that pain. I know what that's like.

Just be kind to yourself for the next few days. I know it sounds like some empty dumb cliche to say you'll get over it, but you know, you will. Maybe not tonight or this weekend, but seriously, just treat yourself gently and maybe do something special for yourself. Even something little.

Write the question down on a peice of paper "what thing can I do to make myself feel better right now?" Don't just think it, write it because it makes a difference. Then write the first answer that comes to you. It sounds corny, but it works, trust me. :bunny:

• Author
hrtbroken99

thanks everyone, you are all very sweet..I wish the best for each and everyone of you :)

I know deep down inside its not the holiday, It is HIM that I miss and I know he didn't deserve me..but I just really miss the entire "I am in love" feeling" ...I know its just another evening and tomorrow will be a fresh new day...it is my best friends b-day tomorrow and I am looking forward to spending a good eveing much better than what I had today....thanks again

shockandawed

Hey Heartbroken,

Sorry you are having a crappy night!

I know the feeling too well. Yes, I think we both miss the being in love more than the actual ex. I miss feeling like I really mattered to someone. The phone calls during the day to see how I am doing, if I am driving safely etc...The someone who you made all the future plans with. Hey, so and so is coming to town next month,etc..

I think the weekends are the toughest. Nothing sucks worse than sitting at home on a night you usually spent with your ex.

You have some great advise from the ladies above, nothing I could add there. Just hang in there, it will get better for all of us.

AriaIncognito

I feel your pain too. It feels like it's all we want in the world, to be loved the way we loved someone that didn't love us back in that way.

It truly sucks, to have so much love to give and feel like there's nobody to give it too, but we need to try to be patient. We deserve to have it, and someday, we will.

I hope. :-)

Trialbyfire

Is it sad evening day? I also had one too, so I can easily relate. Then I mentally smacked myself across the back of the head and thought about all the reasons why it didn't work out and felt much better after that. It wasn't even full of bitterness, just a bucket of ice cold reality. I don't know if this will work for you but you can try it next time you have one of those nights.

I feel for you.

I'll be in the same boat tomorrow night.

St. Patrick's Day would have been our 6 year anniversary :(

It's weird to think 6 years ago I was 16 years old, sitting over at my friend's house on a "double date" when he asked me out and I was so giddy and hyper because OMG my first boyfriend...

And it ended up lasting 5 years and 4 months.

But then ended in the worst way.

I think we are all going to get through this though and have that giddy moment with someone else one day...

i second shock "weekends are the toughest" Last night s**ked bigtime. Just kept wondering what she was doing and i still am wondering as i type this.

I like you want that feeling back with her but we all can only wait so long.

We are ready but they have to be also. If it's not with them then i am sure someone else out there is waiting and with the lessons learned things will be better on the next go around.

I really need to follow my own advice. ;)

Do not give up on your own happiness it needs to be about you now.

Stay strong.

• Author
hrtbroken99

thanks for all your support everyone...it just sux...i went to my freinds dinner and everyone except one other person came with a SO and then it made me so sad inside to be by myself wishing I was with him, wishing that I had someone to love...wishing that I had someone sitting next to me..i felt like he biggest loser in the planet in that room....Ive been going to a therapist and all trying to kepe mysef busy like eveyone says o do...but I don;t know it keeps haunting me....i want to FORGET him forever and I feel like deep down inside I am lying to myself decieving myself because i know all i want is him.....i hate this.the past week i had so many moments of crying and it is driving me nuts that it been 4 months get over it!! at times i wish I just didnt exist and fear what the future holds i hate having all this but i will try and stick to what all of you have said