I finally did it!

CrossRhodes

I have been separated from my wife for 4 months, and was still in regular touch with my EA girlfriend (who is a work colleague). I pined away for this girl, usually in the face of massive indifference from her. Our affair ended a year ago, so I have always felt quite foolish for the fact that I still had feelings for her.

It has always been quite difficult working with her in the same building. We have avoided each other generally, although we email each other throughout the day. I've never known what to make of that, but I liked her a lot and I couldn't let go.

She is about to change jobs and move to another location, so tonight I had a discussion with her about things. I finally worked up the courage to tell her how I had been feeling all this time, knowing full well that she didn't reciprocate those feelings. I made sure it wasn't awkward, and I said it was my problem and I would deal with it. I just wanted her to understand that I still liked her as a friend but that my feelings had often gotten in the way of that.

I have always thought she was somewhat narcissistic and tonight sort of confirmed that :) I am sad to finally confirm she had no feelings for me, but I am so relieved that I can now move on. I have suffered from massive anxiety and rejection over all of this. Now I can finally let go and concentrate on rebuilding my life, without the fantasy future I had built up.

I expected I would feel devastated, but all I can think of is "I'm free! Free at last!" What a fantastic feeling :D