LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

fellas, how long does it take for a man to start missing his woman?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Old 2nd June 2006, 9:24 PM   #1
Established Member

fellas, how long does it take for a man to start missing his woman?

I think sometimes it takes guys longer to miss a woman than it does for women to miss a man because we are more emotional. What do you think?
9Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 9:46 PM   #2
Established Member

I dont agree with that. People have different levels of emotions that go beyond gender. I have met and dated plenty of women that were both deeply emotional, and cold. I myself at times have been deepely emotionaly involved with a woman, and cold too.

It has always taken me longer to heal when I was the one being hurt. I think thats just human nature, not gender related
Diver012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Established Member

100% agreement with Diver. I'm more emotional than your average male I'd say. It's difficult for me to say goodbye to anyone that's been a part of my life.
GB111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:26 AM   #4
Established Member

well why does my bf need like two weeks to think and sort out his feelings
9Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 5:26 AM   #5
Established Member

My girlfriend took 1 week to apparently get over me.

They lie, don't believe it.

We are all only human, but we aren't all spineless monsters im sure of it.
RealBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 2:27 PM   #6
Established Member

Just me

I missed my Ex when we broke up (quite regular) but was respectfull and conscious about contacting her. If the guy is struck on you he misses you whenever you're apart.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 10:07 PM   #7
Established Member

It depends. There are some comedians out there who will joke around and say that women tend to get over break-ups faster since they cry, talk to their girlfriends, and whatnot. Thus, they let it out whereas guys would rather walk out into traffic and get hit by a truck...lol.
Pantero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 10:13 PM   #8
Established Member

It has nothing to do with being male or female. Whether or not you miss someone is determined by how much you care about them and love them
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 5:25 AM   #9
Established Member

....... and whether or not they've jumped into a rebound relationship of course.......
RealBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 9:23 AM   #10

Journal Entries: 2
For me even in a rebound relationship was like 3 days minimum. Even during the rebound relationship, I did think of her.

In a few of my relationships, nothing happened, no remorse, no missing her, no whatsoever.
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 10:26 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealBroken
My girlfriend took 1 week to apparently get over me.

They lie, don't believe it.

We are all only human, but we aren't all spineless monsters im sure of it.
That long?! Mine was screwing another dude the same night we got back from vacation together.
chocolate_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 10:28 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
It has nothing to do with being male or female. Whether or not you miss someone is determined by how much you care about them and love them
The real pain is when you are with someone who pretends they are in love with you and cares about you deeply, when really they don't. Sadly I think many of us have been with them before, that is a shock to the system.

But yeah, it makes you more cautious in the future.
chocolate_boy is offline   Reply With Quote