what the hell?

Grrr why do I let him make my emotions do this?? We fought, kind of talked about breaking up (almost 2 years together) but didn't come to any solid conclusions. He's home right now and we're used to being together almost every night. Soo on Fri. I call him and he says he coming into the city w/ friends, I say "okay have a good night" and he says, "well, if I'm there, will I get to see you" and then told me he'd call and that he really missed me. Okay, so he doesn't call that night. Now it's Sun. and I still hadn't gotten a phone call from him. Really weird since we usually talk at least 3 times a day. I wouldn't mind if he needed a weekend off or something, but he needs to tell me. I'm pretty sure he was in the city all weekend with his friends (I could be wrong though). So at 11:15 tonight he calls says hi and I say hi kind of questioningly and he says what's up and I say why are you calling? Then we got disconnected (he has bad service at his house) and he didn't call me back. I called once just bc I thought he may have thought I hung up, but he didn't answer. Now I feel even more upset. What the hell did he want and why does he do this to me???

Grrr why do I let him make my emotions do this?? We fought, kind of talked about breaking up (almost 2 years together) but didn't come to any solid conclusions. He's home right now and we're used to being together almost every night. Soo on Fri. I call him and he says he coming into the city w/ friends, I say "okay have a good night" and he says, "well, if I'm there, will I get to see you" and then told me he'd call and that he really missed me. Okay, so he doesn't call that night. Now it's Sun. and I still hadn't gotten a phone call from him. Really weird since we usually talk at least 3 times a day. I wouldn't mind if he needed a weekend off or something, but he needs to tell me. I'm pretty sure he was in the city all weekend with his friends (I could be wrong though). So at 11:15 tonight he calls says hi and I say hi kind of questioningly and he says what's up and I say why are you calling? Then we got disconnected (he has bad service at his house) and he didn't call me back. I called once just bc I thought he may have thought I hung up, but he didn't answer. Now I feel even more upset. What the hell did he want and why does he do this to me???

You are not his mother. He doesn't have to or NEED to tell you anything.

If he needed some space the past weekend - he took it!

So what's the problem exactly?

I'm sure you'll hear from him soon enough.

K.

• Author

Okay he did call..but umm just because I'm not his mother doesn't mean he doesn't need to call. When you're in a serious relationship you don't just say you'll call and then not call for 3 days. I guess that's just my opinion; I think it's about respect. Anyway, thanks for your reply; I won't say anymore...

destination_unknown

It is disrespectful to say you will call and not call. He knows it is. I bet he wouldnt do that to his friends / family.

However, there isnt really much you can do except say how you feel. It may just be a little blip on the radar, him feeling weird or having a problem of some sort. i suggest not making a big deal about it if its the first time hes done something like this. this will only make him resentful.

If it keeps on happening then you gotta consider is that the type of relationship you want to be in?

• Author

Well, he called Sun. night and just acted like everything was fine and got mad at me bc I was being short with him. I said, "Well, why didn't you call me all weekend?" and his return was "you could have called me too." I'm still pissed but I know it was his stubborness; I think he likes being in control and likes when I call him multiple times (only when we're already fighting). So, I showed him I can live a weekend without him. We've been talking a little each day about "us" and I think we're finally getting somewhere. Thanks!