Quick Poll

ButtonPusher

Just wondered what people think is the worst way to lose a partner;

1. They leave you for another woman/man

2. They decide that they are actually gay/lesbian

3. They decide that they're not in love with you anymore and don't want to be with you

4. They decide that even though they love you they don't feel able to be in a relationship with you or anyone else, man or woman

5. They go insane and lose all memory of you (like in that French movie "A very long engagement")

whichwayisup

And I do have to say 3 as well. Both 1 and 3 may make one HAVE to go to therapy. Give you fears and make you feel so low, insecure and horrible!!!!

Drivetildriven

1 and 3 are equally bad. My ex did both to me. I think 1 is worse in the short term and 3 is worse in the long term. I dealt with 1 and got over it. Now i'm dealing with 3 and... It just sucks.

RecordProducer

but I think the worst is when you don't know why. In most cases that's exactly the case. Then you wonder, hope, guess, feel angry, guilty, betrayed... at least when you know the reason you can move on.

sunshinegirl

1 and 3 are equally bad. 1 because imagining your ex w/ someone else kills. 3 because the thought that your ex would rather be alone than be with you kills too.

2 has happened to me. It sucked in the short term but now I just shrug--no better evidence that it ultimately wasn't "me" who caused the r'ship not to work out. :o

I say 5. At least if they move on , can't be with you, are gay, or can't be with anyone else they have those moments where they sigh deeply and think of the good times with you. I dunno forgeting the entire relationship just seems so sad for both of you. Like Eternal Sunshine...

Originally posted by Dukkha

Just wondered what people think is the worst way to lose a partner;

2. They decide that they are actually gay/lesbian

3. They decide that they're not in love with you anymore and don't want to be with you

4. They decide that even though they love you they don't feel able to be in a relationship with you or anyone else, man or woman

5. They go insane and lose all memory of you (like in that French movie "A very long engagement")

Hmm..

One is sucky.. The image of your EX with someone else is painful.. so it does help if the person they hook up with after you is straight up nasty and all your friends tell you how much better you are :)

Two.. Well Damn.. what if you left your favourite VS panties at his house and he dumps you for a gorgeous man AND has decided he also wants to cross dress.. what then? How do you go about getting your stuff back then? :confused:

Three.. once they decide they don't love you anymore and are leaving there is always the glimmer of hope that you can stalk them until you wear them down and they come back to you.. more out of fear than anything but ya know... :eek: LOL JK JK JK

Four.. see honestly I don't believe anyone that says they are In Love with someone but just can't be in a relationship.. usually that means "I can't be in a relationship with YOU because I'm hoping to hook up with her/him" Son of a :eek: !!!!

So I'm going to say that for me 5 would be the best thing ever... I actually would use that one to my advantage... "He/She is out of thier damn mind to not want to be with me, so clearly they're crazy" :bunny:

LOL Honestly I think there isn't a good way to be broken up with.. it sucks regardless and IMO it doesn't matter the reason(s) it's still painful...

RecordProducer

Dukkha, are you trying to dump someone and what to know which explanation will hurt most (so you can use it)? ;):D:p

1 and 3 I dont know which is worse.If they leave you for someone else they could still possibly love you.But if they leave you because they dont love you and they just dont want you in their life anymore,thats the worst.

She said she didn't love me, but after 5 weeks apart, she said she did. I could just about handle that. Now this has happened I feel so much more worse.

• Author
ButtonPusher

Lol this poll seems to be attraction a lot of attention. And NO record producer this is not research for an ill fated girlfriend! :laugh: I asked simply out of curiousity. Keep posting people, seems like

Is the winner so far.