Why would an ex unblock you everywhere?

Cookiesandough

Let's say you had a rocky on/off relationship with someone and you kept breaking up with them and asking for them back. The last time you broke it off with them it was more mutual. They were cold, doorslammed you, promptly blocked you everywhere - FB, Instagram, number, even on sites like Pinterest.

Then one day about a year later they unblocked you everywhere. Why? Have they forgiven you? Thanks

Let's say you had a rocky on/off relationship with someone and you kept breaking up with them and asking for them back. The last time you broke it off with them it was more mutual. They were cold, doorslammed you, promptly blocked you everywhere - FB, Instagram, number, even on sites like Pinterest.

Then one day about a year later they unblocked you everywhere. Why? Have they forgiven you? Thanks

enough time has elapsed where they think they could be friends with you

• Like 1

I unblock once once I don't care anymore. I think blocking is kind of a way of saying to someone, "no matter what you have to say, now is not the time to say it" after that if they want to say something they are welcome to. I feel like there is a fair time frame for saying, do not contact me, then pulling those walls down. Blocking lets you get clear so that you can keep the relationship on equal terms even in the aftermath. Say you do decide to reach out with a purpose, then go for it unless what you really wanted was them to reach out in which case I would not expect anything fulfilling to come from your efforts.

• Like 1

I guess he figures you won't bother him with dating again and is safe to have you on a list of friends.

• Like 2

Who cares why oh wait...

Thank god I'm not on fb anymore...could careless about these meaningless things

• Like 2

I loved the way you framed this like it's a hypothetical situation :)

• Like 1

Its likely he was worked whatever feelings he had about the relationship he had with you out of his system. He is okay with seeing your activity or he is worried that you will contact him.

• Like 1
PegNosePete
one day about a year later they unblocked you everywhere

If this were me I would ignore it, it means nothing, most likely just cleaning up his "blocked list".

The more pertinent question here is, how do you know they unblocked you, why are you looking him up, and why do you care? Clearly this was a BAD relationship, that ended a year ago! You need to move on!

• Like 2