Betrayal

I was wondering how you all move on from betrayal...my ex of 3 years left me last aug for another woman he had been seeing 8 months.. in Dec 2016 I put him on my mortgage to get my ex husband off the mortgage as i couldn't take the mortgage on on my own as I don't earn enough. A month later in jan 2017 he was on with another woman

He left in Aug 2017 I am now having to sell my home because I cant afford to live here as i put him on the mortgage when my ex husband was on the mortgage I could afford to live here. I feel like he's moved on got new home flash new car. Her home though and she's bought the car. And I'm left having to sell and move into rented. I feel so angry I'm losing my home . How do I move forward from it. I'm in my 40s

PegNosePete

If you couldn't make the mortgage payments alone before he came along, and you're back in the same situation now... then you can hardly blame him for that? You're in exactly the same position you were before him, right?

I would say it's worth seeing a solicitor if you haven't already. Most do a free initial consultation so even though you're not married and even if they say "sorry there's nothing you can do", it costs you nothing, and at least you know for sure from a legal professional.

As for moving on. Well NC helps a lot. You don't need to be getting these updates about how he's doing, what car he's got, etc. How are you getting your information?

Edited by PegNosePete
  • Author

Hiya yes it was 460 with ex husband then borrowed money on house and my ex had poor credit rating so we borrowed at high rate and now is 585. I've had legal advice from sols. I have no contact with him at all . Someone told me he had a new car. And he moved in with her 2 weeks after he left me..