ex got engaged. That painful

I been nc w my ex 3 yrs. Been with her 3 yrs. Out of the blue today, one of our common friend text msg telling me she got engaged. We didn't end the relationship well, but I just think about her.

She broke up w me, but now been back memories. Gosh so painful.

That sucks. Best thing you can do is tell your friends not to give you updates.

On a positive note it answers the question of future reconciliation...and most marriages end in divorce.

Not your problem anymore.

• Like 4

I'm sorry that you're hurting. I think its better to tell your friends that as far as you are concerned she is dead to you. Not in those words of course. It is better if you don't learn any new information.

Hope things get better. And marriage isn't the bees knees for relationships so its not a be all end all situation. Just another relationship.

Downanddown

Hey OP

Mine did as well after a 6 year RS . She got engaged 8 months after she broke up with me.

It stings man . I know but hang in there, marriage is alot of work . You will find your girl one day (:

• Like 2
  • Author
That sucks. Best thing you can do is tell your friends not to give you updates.

On a positive note it answers the question of future reconciliation...and most marriages end in divorce.

Not your problem anymore.

I did told my friend not to mention anything about my ex to me. She broke up with me out of the blue. Shocking to me. After she broke up w me, she asked for fancial help, which I did gave her some options to help her out. She declined. So ppl think am a bad ex bf that I didn't help her, but I did help her out but she declined as a ex bf. She were stress out and took it out on me. I take the hit for everything. She stress, sad, cry, I did it.

I feel your hurt bro. I just got dumped out of the blue 7days ago after 3years and 2months cause she no longer loves me. I am looking forward to the day she will get engaged. I ve cried the past few days, gotte angry in the last 48hrs, and now just accepting reality. I am happy to go thru all these emotions in order to properly heal and move on with life. I spent alot on her, planned alot of future with her but i guess she didnt see herself a part of it. Here is what am realising and am guessing ur ex realised. She is searching for her rea soul mate and hasnt found it yet, but the thing is she will never find that ideal soul mate. What i noticed is that my recent ex doesnt have a purpose or plan in life in general. And people with lack of focus drive usually end up feeling depressed and try to use people to fill the void. So i wont be surpirsed if the marriage is part of that void. But the void never goes away. Most important thing in life is u finding how to fil your void. You havent filled your void after 3yrs thats why ur ex still bother su. Personally i dnt think my ex will bother me by year end or even in acouple of months because she has chosen her path in life and it doesnt involve me. That i need to accept. Same way u need to accept that ur ex took her own path in life. Trust me taking ur path will lead you to ur soud mate. So do what ur meant to do and leave eerything else to GOD, u will fill your void.

• Like 1

usualy when they leave the fail to process their decisions or their emotions. So they look for a new kind of relationship and in this case marriage is the new experience. trust anybody they met right after a 6yr committed relationship they would marry ,cause she wants new Xperience. I am not ready to marry and i guess thts the reason my gf left 1 week ago. At least she left cause if she had gotten married already n gotten bored this quick i would be talking about child support and splitting properties. Most women hop from relationship to relationship beacuse they cant handle the emotions of being alone but people like that can never be trusted. They either leave again or cheat on their SO.

• Like 1
usualy when they leave the fail to process their decisions or their emotions. So they look for a new kind of relationship and in this case marriage is the new experience. trust anybody they met right after a 6yr committed relationship they would marry ,cause she wants new Xperience. I am not ready to marry and i guess thts the reason my gf left 1 week ago. At least she left cause if she had gotten married already n gotten bored this quick i would be talking about child support and splitting properties. Most women hop from relationship to relationship beacuse they cant handle the emotions of being alone but people like that can never be trusted. They either leave again or cheat on their SO.

This is gold!, it's an overcompensation, it's not so difficult to be engaged or married as we see in the present age, but the quality and outcomes are for them to decide

3years is a long time, hypothetically you should be at least 99% with moving on

canadaman817

I'm sorry that you have to experience pain on behalf of your ex. It's never easy to completely move on. It can be hard to wish them the best in your heart, but it's often helpful to do so. And don't feel that you are responsible for any decisions she makes on her own. Keep surrounding yourself with good friends and hold out hope for future relationships, you may end up being pleasantly surprised. I sincerely wish you the best.