Overthinking or real issue?

I got together with my ex yesterday for the first time in two months. She came over and we ordered in and watched a movie. We cuddled and kissed, nothing big. It was nice. I texted her today in the morning to go to the auto show this weekend since I got free tickets from a family member. I was unsure at first as to whether I should text her so soon to make plans again, but I did because if it was any other woman I would have. It was a nice surprise getting tickets out of nowhere, so I asked. She hasn’t responded yet. What’s upsetting is that when we’re together, if someone texts or sends her anything via social media, she responds fairly quickly, but when I asked her today in the morning, after hours she has yet to respond. It bothers me because I see her responding to others so quickly, yet I feel ignored. I’m just not sure if this is an actual issue or if I’m just having trouble controlling my expectations. What do you guys think?

Did the two of you discuss what this getting together means?

Perhaps she was having 'sex with the ex' while you are getting your hopes up for a rekindling of the relationship. Did she do or say anything to give you the idea that she wants to give the relationship another chance?

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

Sounds like she was just lonely and went back to familiar as people so after do. Sorry. Unless she tells you straight up she wants to try again I think doing this is just going to cause more suffering for you and prolong your process of moving on.

• Like 2
  • Author

I had talked to her prior to that about how I don’t want to be talking to her unless it’s to see where things go. When I asked her out after telling her that, she agreed. Neither of us initiated for sex. I didn’t because I want to go slow, and I would think that if she wanted to she would have initiated. I didn’t call it a date. She was initiating intimate contact like the cuddling and stuff. Burying herself in my arms. I think a part of the reason why I feel this way too is because she broke it off, but I asked her out. She did initiate contact though.

You're no longer a priority to her. You're her ex. Sure, you had a nice time with her, but don't think she has those same feelings for you as before. Last night might not have been all that for her. She may have been curious and now she got her answer. I think you are too anxious right now. You didn't talk about trying again and you can't just date again like nothing happened. Don't contact her again and try to find someone else to go with and if she gets back to you after you made alternate plans, then oh well. Don't be so available and don't chase someone that dumped you.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
How do you think I should go about it? Call, text, or set up a time to meet and talk?

Person. 2 options: try the relationship again or walk. None of this “see how it goes” nonsense. If she won’t agree to trying the relationship again, you need to walk away or she’ll use you temporarily and you’ll drag out your suffering. I’m sorry

• Like 1