LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Post break up. Will he come back?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nagem71499992

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2018, 4:24 PM   #1

Post break up. Will he come back?

I was dating a guy for a month. Not a long time I know. But things were going great. We met each otherís familyís. He was a great guy. So nice and respectful.
He always seemed interested. Texted and called me first. He was the one who
Intitiated being exclusive and would also talk about up coming and making future plans. Then one day out of the blue he says that he feels bad but doesnít think he can be in a relationship right now. He says it has nothing to do with me
And that Iím amazing. But when through a tough break up with his last relationship. Even though that was over a year ago. And it wouldnít be fair to me if he couldnít give me 100 percent. I really liked him and thought we had something. Is there a possibility of him coming back when heís ready?
nagem71499992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 4:49 PM   #2
Established Member

Doubt it, looks like he was using your company to get over his ex. Be grateful that he was man enough to cut it off when he did.
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 6:39 PM   #3
Established Member

Did he breakup with you, immediately after meeting your family??
Old 8th February 2018, 6:47 PM   #4
Established Member

You dated some guy for 30 days, 365 days ago & you still wonder if he'll come back? Oh boy.

No there is no meaningful change he'll come back. There is a chance that you will win the lottery -- the money one -- & your odds of doing that are probably better.

You need to figure out why you missed the obvious lie dumpers tell -- not ready for a relationship now. You also need to figure what is so missing from your life that you have been able to hold out false hope for so long. That is your biggest problem here. Address that before you attempt to date again. Your level of attachment is disproportionate to the fleeting nature of this encounter.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:33 PM   #5

No it wasnít after meeting my family. And we also had not hooked up yet. And his last relationship was over a year ago. This was very recent.
nagem71499992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:59 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagem71499992 View Post
No it wasnít after meeting my family. And we also had not hooked up yet. And his last relationship was over a year ago. This was very recent.
I think I figured it out, but you are not going to like it.

He dumped you because there was no sex. He hit his time limit for trying to have sex and cut you lose.

I have a slightly longer time frame, but I'll bail if I logged in the time and the dates and the relationship hasn't advanced. Oddly, I've only had to invoke my "time limit" rule once.

I'm really sorry, but sometimes guys are like this.

Just a working theory... and again I'm sorry.
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 12:09 AM   #7

Be glad he didn't drag you longer, move on, he is not interested in pursuing further. It might hurt your ego but you're better be off and try to not chase him. I'm not sure it's about not having sex. He might have stayed longer for sex but he would have left you anyway when he had enough since he knows he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you. That hurts if you cared about him but the earlier is the best. You should be able to move on more easily now than in few months or a year.
Broken broken is offline   Reply With Quote