How can I let her go if I think she's the one

Heartshattered2

Heartshattered2

How do you look at the woman you love and want to marry and tell yourself it's time to walk away? My gf of 1.5 years cheated on me she cuddled and made out with another man and is hiding things from me yet she's still in love with me and even tho all she's been doing lately is hurting me I love her so much and think she's the one no one I ever met is like her

If she cheated on you, she's not The One. You let her go so that you can be free to go find the correct person who won't do this to you. She may say she loves you but her actions say she only loves herself & only cares about selfishly chasing pleasure not doing the honorable thing.

• Like 3

There is no such thing as "the one".

Compatibility is a scale. There are many people we're highly compatible with who will make great partners for us.

This woman - though you love her and think she "loves" you (she doesn't) - is not the only woman in the world you're compatible with. There are others. Many who would be more compatible. And you just might find this woman is actually on the lower end of the compatibility scale for you.

• Like 4

did she cuddle and make out or did she actually sleep with someone else? it kind of makes big difference.

how old are you two?

if you are young, some people want to experience experiences and life before they settle down. i dont think there is anything wrong with that as long as both people are on the same page.

either way, "the one" she is not.

What you do is you look at that woman and remind yourself that what you are seeing is an IDEA.

Then remind yourself of the actual PERSON you are looking at: someone who, at this juncture in her life, is not capable of being faithful and who lately is only hurting you.

That person, the real one, is not "the one," at least not right now. And there is nothing you can do to bridge the gap between your idea and the person she is.

So cherish the idea, and let her go so you can realize it with someone else.

• Like 1

She isn't the one- she CHEATED on you. And cheating involves lying as well so she basically did two of the worst things you can do to someone.

And it will never be the same. The trust is broken and for good reason.

You owe it to yourself to get someone better then her. And don't let her justify why she did what she did. Or make an excuse. She crossed the line and in doing so should have forfeited any love from you.

Don't end up as a doormat. It just gets worse.

What a horrible position for you to be in. I can tell you really care about her, and at the same time, I can tell you have been really hurt by her. Fortunately, there are a lot of girls in this world, and the goal is to find one you know will love you and only want to be with you. Perhaps some space might give you and her an opportunity to evaluate whether this relationship is worth continuing. If it is, then a few months apart won't hurt if it ends up being a lifelong commitment. If not, then chalk it up as a learning point and move on to the next one...and the next one...and the next until you find your princess.

Sorry brotha, I know how you feel. If you want reach out to me personally, I'm happy to help.

I'm going through the same thing, my ex and I dated for 3 years, and were going to get married. She ended up cheating on me, and I have yet to get over it.