Scared

I been seeing this guy that I met 9 yrs ago for 6 months kinda steady... He receny became a full time single father of 2 girls 6 and 3 yo... And he has 2 other children 14 and 5 boys... Everytime I want to spend time is an issue..he leaves me hanging and then the next day sometimes he apologizes and says he fell asleep but I always have to initiate seeing him... He used to want to see me all the time now I feel like I'm a nuissance... I asked him. If we should just move on and now I'm afraid to hear the answer... I really thought that this time around after dating on and off for the last 9 yrs we had something going on... Sigh

You were dating on and off for the past 9 years and you thought this time it was going to materialize into something because you were "kinda steady" for 6 months?

He was making babies while you both were on and off?

I'm not sure what you're expecting from someone that couldn't commit to you for 9 years.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah we met 9 yrs ago we dated briefly and moved on... We just stopped contacting each other... 2 yrs later we found each other again and dated for a lil while... And we stopped communicating again... We went on to have relationships with other ppl... But he always made sure he called me or texted me on my birthday..

In 2015 we started talking every-day and texting but just as friends we talked about family kids weather normal stuff then in late 2016 he started getting a little more interested and wanted to see each other and see where it went...so in June 2107 I decided to give it a try.. And we started dating...but it's been so frustrating... Because I don't see him often... I asked him if he wants to let go and he always says no he says he loves me and he doesn't want to lose me again... But I'm tired... And I asked him if he wanted tl move on and he asked me why was I on my feelings..

Sorry but to him you are the one who always comes back no matter how badly he treats you. The kids have to come first but he really doesn't think you are worth more effort then he's putting in. After all you have been hanging around for the better part of a decade.

He's got two kids that he is responsible for full time (busy) and two more (not sure if they live with him) along with his lack luster interest in you for the past 9 years -- I would say that his declaration of "loving you" comes from a place that just needs to appease you so that you stay where you are and provide him with whatever he needs/benefits/his terms.

If a man is interested in you, you wouldn't have had to spend 9 years trying to make something happen.

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry for your difficult or complex situation. Have you thought seeking therapy or Christian counseling for your relationship? Counseling can help you in your difficult situation. Please, let me tell you that you have a purpose in life and you are not alone. Things happen for a reason. It is understandable that he does not have much time for you because he has children from other relationships. I encourage to evaluate this relationship. It is up to you if you want to continue in this way hurting yourself because you do not get all the attention and respect that you deserve or to keep him as a friend and you will be able to find another especial person can fulfill your desires of true love in your love. Do you have a faith or believe system to help guide you through this?. I will keep you in my prayers, my friend. Keep us, posted OK?