Good or bad sign?

So my ex-girlfriend broke up with me about 8 months ago. We had been together for about 8 months and were living together for about 7 months. Shortly after the breakup she went back to her old boyfriend. During the breakup me and my ex were in contact and even went out for dinner a couple of times and had sex. The last time she slept at my place she left in the night, said she had to protect herself. Don’t know if she meant from her feelings for me or just something she said? After a couple of months of no contact I started texting her again but got a very angry reply, saying that here old boyfriend was thinking that we were getting back together and that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with her old boyfriend. A couple of months later it was her birthday. I was thinking about sending her a message but didn't, asked my brothers girlfriend the day before she told me it was good that I didn’t. She is one of my x-girlfriend oldest friend and went to her birthday party the following day. She send me a text that night telling me they are now engaged. Were not in contact with my ex for about 4 months. X-mas is very important for her, so I send a text the day after x-mas “Merry X-mas! Hope you are doing well and are having a nice x-mas”. Send it on WhatsApp and noticed that she more or less immediately read the text, no reply which I wasn’t expecting. Don’t know if that is a good or bad sign or doesn’t really matter? The day after I missed a phonecall with no caller ID (have never previously recieved phonecall with no caller ID), I’m pretty shore she spend her x-mas abroad. Don’t know if it was her or someone else. Her reasons for the breaking up, she thought we didn’t want the same things in life. After the breakup I realised that I hadn’t been clear enough about what I wanted and my feelings for her. I know we want the same things in life but I guess it’s too late for me to make her understand that we do want the samethings. I know she has moved on and is in a new relationship, and that I need to move on. But I still miss her a lot. Will not contact her again since she hasen't responded, I think she knows what I feel and that I want her back or she might not even think/care about it at all.

I don't mean to be harsh.

But...have some respect for yourself.

Do you really think that you deserve to be treated this way?

I will answer that for you... no!

It is time to act and cut off the connection with her, completely.

You can only be loved by someone, if you love yourself. So focus on that it's the most important thing. Things will get better from there & whatever happens will happen.

Wish you the best.

• Like 1

She is engaged to somebody else.

You already know she is a cheater & neither of you make well thought out decisions. You lived together after knowing each other only a month. That's not a good thing. After she broke up with you & got back together with her EX, she cheated on him by having sex with you. You were told by her & her best friend, your brother's GF, to stay away yet you sent a Merry Christmas text.

You have no evidence the lack of caller ID call was her. It was more likely a telemarketer.

All in all it's a bad sign that you can't see what a disaster this is. Leave her alone to plan her wedding to the other guy.

It's not a good sign that she didn't reply, OP.

She has moved on and is going to get married to someone else. You need to let this go so you can move on too.

Hi there. Let me tell you straight up front to just walk away and not look back. Do not go find any more signs, good or bad. It's crystal clear that she does not respect you well enough, and that is because you tolerated it that she keeps doing this to you. I hope you know that no one deserves to be treated like this. Do not initiate contact anymore, and do not respond should she do so. If you can't do that because you do care for her too much to let her go, at least do it for the other guy. Respect their engagement/relationship. I know it's unfair, but you have to be the better person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I couldn’t care less about her old boyfriend (now fiancé) since I know he treated her badly in their previous relationship and was disrespectful in my relationship with my ex gf (kept contacting her and send angry messages to her family).

You don't have to care about him. What you have to understand is that she has a FIANCE. She accepted a proposal from him. They are getting married. That means she is not available to date you. It's over. Move on.

I couldn’t care less about her old boyfriend (now fiancé) since I know he treated her badly in their previous relationship and was disrespectful in my relationship with my ex gf (kept contacting her and send angry messages to her family).

What you think of him is irrelevant.

She is in love with him, and going to marry him. She doesn't reciprocate your interest, which is all that matters.

• Like 1

Remember a key saying: they cheat with you they cheat on you.

He was you at one point- she was with you and cheated on you with him trust me on that.