LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Blocked after argument!

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2017, 9:23 AM   #31
Established Member

Just my two cents.

I also recently got out of a relationship with an alcoholic (and frankly, all of my serious relationships have been with alcoholics) and the common denominator of these men is emotionally immaturity/unavailability. When you have a dysfunctional coping mechanism to all life throws at you - namely, drinking and getting drunk - you never learn how to handle conflict in a balanced, mature way. Your ex simply didn't, and doesn't, know how to deal.

You dodged a bullet, sister. I'm so impressed that you're not using other numbers to get in touch. Stay strong and stay FULLY NC. It won't. E easy at first but it will get easier. Here's to a happy, healthy 2018!!
flooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 9:51 AM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flooded View Post
Just my two cents.

I also recently got out of a relationship with an alcoholic (and frankly, all of my serious relationships have been with alcoholics) and the common denominator of these men is emotionally immaturity/unavailability. When you have a dysfunctional coping mechanism to all life throws at you - namely, drinking and getting drunk - you never learn how to handle conflict in a balanced, mature way. Your ex simply didn't, and doesn't, know how to deal.

You dodged a bullet, sister. I'm so impressed that you're not using other numbers to get in touch. Stay strong and stay FULLY NC. It won't. E easy at first but it will get easier. Here's to a happy, healthy 2018!!
Bingo!

And even if they do get into AA and start living in sobriety, it takes several years for them to learn healthy coping mechanisms. Until they do, they are "dry drunks". They may not be actively drinking but they're still dealing with their emotions in unhealthy ways.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 1:27 AM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarandspice2 View Post
So 5 days ago we had an argument because he was being nastyabout the fact that I had family over from out of the country and he wasn’t ableto go out alone with me for that night. I called him out on being nasty andrude and he didn’t like it so he said some things and ended it with “have agood night”. I responded back but realized that he blocked me. I waited it outand thought he would unblock me for Christmas and he didn’t. We both planned tobuy each other something for Christmas.

Fast forward today is his birthday and I am still blocked.In the past he used to block me after arguments and I would reach out fromother numbers to contact him and we would make up..but I realized that loweredmy self worth. We’ve been together for 10 months. I am not doing that anymore. Noteven wishing him happy birthday. What really hurts is that I just had amiscarriage a few weeks ago and he’s treating me like this. I am not surprisedat all at his behavior because I realized he’s very selfish..only cares abouthimself. I feel like I should just go no contact without closure and move on.What do you guys think?
Find someone that loves you and treats you like they love you.
usa1ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 1:30 AM   #34
Established Member

So sorry about the miscarriage. My wife and I went through one. I know it hurts. Prays are with you.
Old 30th December 2017, 1:32 AM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarandspice2 View Post
Mid twenties and yes he's an alcoholic
Better off with out him if this is the case. You deserve so much more then he was ever going to be able to give.
Old 2nd January 2018, 9:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
This is not healthy. I am sorry for your loss
I would actually wonder if he was cheating while he had me blocked for so long. Terrible way to feel.
Sugarandspice2 is offline   Reply With Quote