Trying to get items returned from girl is she playing games or?

So long story short, I was seeing a girl for about two weeks things went very fast, too fast, well they burned out quick. (I have another thread about her ghosting me I posted about a month ago)

About two weeks after this break, we sortive talked (only on text, she wouldn't talk to me on the phone), There was a bit of flirting at that time, I fell back into maybe thinking we could hang out again. Made plans to hangout then she never called to cancel, just said she had to take her grandma to the hospital ( yeah I know!) and after some brief texting we stopped talking altogether.

When this break happened I asked her for my hoodie back, I knownits just a hoodie but it carries sentimental value and she had some other belongings that I could care less about. She said she would return it and I said okay.

I politely waited for another two weeks and asked her again to just mail it to me ( I have absolutely no interest in seeing her) which I also explained politely. Waited again another two weeks and nothing. So I text again asking her politely to please mail it. She comes up with some excuses about being busy at work, being sick etc.. and she said "it would be easier if I could just drop it off to me hun!"

I gave it a couple days to respond to her and had a couple drinks and just said I am not sure what kind of game she's been playing but I really have no interest in playing along and asked her to please just follow through with mailing the hoodie.

She then got pissy as expected and said "wtf! I was never playing any games with you so please just stop with that! Trust me you will get your belongings I will mail them tomorrow! Have a good day!

I apologized for coming off rude and said thank you! If you want to drop them off that's fine, or if you want to mail them that's fine too and to just let me know.

It's been 5 days and it should have already arrived.

I have absolutely no interest in seeing her at all, she denies playing this game with me, but seriously why can't I just get my stuff back?

I had interest a while back in maybe seeing her, but at this point I can't stand the woman!

Any ideas on how to get it back? What to say or do?

I know it sounds dumb because it's just a hoodie but again it has sentimental value, she can throw away whatever else.

I know it's low priority for her, but I really hate asking Again and again, she has tbag blocked me from text last I knew of. The flirting, some breadcrumbs, but she won't return my hoodie? Is she punishing me? Or trying to keep me around, even though I've stated I have no interest in anything more.!?

Edited by Tahoe996

You know some people graduate High School and start careers and have good lives being adults. Did you also know that some people still do all those things but never act any older than a high school kid?

All I'm trying to say here is you're wasting a good deal of energy and time on someone who doesn't give a rodents butt about you or your stuff.

• Author

Good point, just got all wound up because I want it back. Shouldn't have gone into so much detail because it does look stupid.

I probably won't get much insight, so if someone can help tell me how to delete the post I will.

Is the sentimental value of this hoody worth more than the emotional stress you go through each time you make contact with her?

• Like 1

What you should have done was text her about it and of course she would agree to give it back and as soon as she agreed you could have texted her that she can leave it outside her door because your already there.

Now you can't do that. I'd leave it alone for now.

Showing up to her place now is a bad idea- she calls the police saying your stalking her your going to have a problem.

If you really wanted that hoody you should have told her to drop it at your house when she offered, or gone to get it. It actually almost looks as if you're playing games practically demanding she return it the way you want her to. I'm over here thinking if I've had a 2 week fling with someone I am not picking up their hoody, boxing it up, taping it shut, addressing it, driving to the post office and paying to ship it to them - and to top it off it sounds like you are in the same town? No.

What you are asking her to do is very inconvenient. I am hard pressed to go to the post office to return an item that I'm getting money back for. I don't think she's playing games, I think she probably thinks you are being a bit dramatic about it all, and possibly even thinks you are using it as a way to continue communicating with her. Let it go or drive yourself mad getting it back. She shouldn't have agreed to do something she had no intention of actually doing, but alas, she did. Take her lack of action as a response to your request OR go get the hoody (at a time and place you both agree upon) and be done with her. Heck, meet her at the grocery store or something. Ask a friend to go with you - stare at the floor while they get the hoody from her. So many other options besides insisting she spend money and time getting it back to you.

Edited by springy