How can i deal with this?

Hi everyone i will try to be short here.

I had a relationship for 10 years, but last week ago my gf just broke with me. Later out i found i discovered after some insisting with her and she told me she was seeing another person, but she didn't still know how serious she was.

Thing is we are going together to a volunteer program for 10 months, we going to stay together in the same house and split the same room. I can't say no now i am bound with a contract with the organisation.

How can i cope with this, avoid her and stuff, i still like her but this is destroying me every day knowing that i still have to put up more ten months when i am hardly trying to move on. wich tips do you suggest how should i behave. I know i should seize communication but there are stuff we need to do still and i need to contact her.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone i will try to be short here.

I had a relationship for 10 years, but last week ago my gf just broke with me. Later out i found i discovered after some insisting with her and she told me she was seeing another person, but she didn't still know how serious she was.

Thing is we are going together to a volunteer program for 10 months, we going to stay together in the same house and split the same room. I can't say no now i am bound with a contract with the organisation.

How can i cope with this, avoid her and stuff, i still like her but this is destroying me every day knowing that i still have to put up more ten months when i am hardly trying to move on. wich tips do you suggest how should i behave. I know i should seize communication but there are stuff we need to do still and i need to contact her.

Thanks in advance

Wow, hard one. If you can't refuse more, so go. See if someone could change place with you, at least the room. If they can't, no need to be rude. Just be polite, but don't try to be her friend. You are not. You both are adults, if you need talk to her about some boundries while you still hurt. I know that is pretty selfish and she have no obligation to accept, but may the try. Don't fight, if she refuses only answer with a simple "OK" and let it be. Don't enter in any game with her to try to prove that you are done and ok with the situation, but don't put yourself down. Be happy, be polite, be professional.

Probably that all going to be pretty hard and you must know that. So keep your emotions together. Not for her, but for you. If she saw how week you are she may use you (or maybe not).

In any case: Polite, professional, happy and don't try to be her friend if you don't want that.

This is a challenge, I understand what you are going thru. Since it's difficult to not be around her, be strong and mature how you relate to her. Your mind and heart should be free of guilt, fear or insecurity. Maybe if you start seeking another relationship; that would free your mind and thoughts from always thinking of her.