Should I go to the concert?

My ex's friends are in a band and they are playing tonight. I already bought a ticket and my ex knows but a few days later he asked me for space. We've still been talking a little here and there but I asked him if he wants me to go to the concert or not and he said "are you going to see them or me?" I said "I'm going to see them but you'll obviously be there so I will see you too." He said "do whatever you want. There is plenty of room for both of us."

I don't know if i should even go...do I say hi to his friends? Where do I stand? Next to him, next to his friends, or by myself?

I would not go.

If you can get another group of friends together to go & enjoy the music from the other side of the room, maybe, but I would not stand by your EX, I would barely nod & say hi to his friends & I certainly would not go & hang out alone.

• Like 1

Why would you put yourself in this position? I read your other thread. Stay away from him and try to heal and move on.

There will be other times for concerts. Focus on self-preservation.

I wouldn't even go if you have other friends to go with and intent to stay away from your ex. You won't enjoy it because you'll constantly be thinking that it's your ex's friends up there playing, and that your ex is somewhere lurking in the audience.

It's painful to buy a ticket and not go, it seems wasteful. But honestly you'll have a better evening staying home watching TV.

Since Zahara mentioned it, I read your other thread too. Do not go to this concert. One of two things will happen & they will both be bad for you.

1. You will go there, end up going home with your EX FI who will use your for sex & rip your heart out again.

or

2. You will have to stand there & watch him pick up another woman.

Both options suck. The best way you can take care of yourself is skip the concert.

• Like 1

No, just NO! He practically told you he doesn't want to see you if you do go. If you do decide to go please don't go near him or he will embarrass you. Please stay as far away from him as possible because that's what he wants.